The Old Farts Bar, Grill and Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Hellloooo Ken. Got any plans? I don't. Besides work. My life is so exciting! :cry:

Actually, I never did get on the 'Valentine' train, let alone the VD train...(which sounds so very wrong). :D

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To all you lovely ladies:
AWValentine.jpg

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Remember the C&W song, "The hammer falls, the gun goes boom, and I'm alone again."?
Nope. It was before my time, after my time or I wasn't even in this country when it played. I still hear a song every now and then that was popular here but it didn't make it to Asia - mostly mid- to late-60's.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah my ex-wife could never undstand how I missed several years of music when I was on those vacation cruises.

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
By the way, spent the evening of Valentines day talking to my best e-harmony match for the first time. If it goes to pattern, considering the lady I met for the first time on a Thanksgiving day, this should turn out fairly well.

The first was me with short hair and no beard, This one seems to be a real lady. Not sure how she got past my picture, maybe SHE has the bad judgement this time.

I'm thinking of changing my primary photo to this avatar

The good news is that I haven't been matched with my ex wife yet or JoeBear/Haggis' either.

the other potential match that wrote inspired poetry (and yes she was from Nantucket)

I heard from Patricia from Nantucket
with most of my dreams in her bucket
the words that to me she told
seemed just a bit over-bold
So I replied that I'd think about it for a few days.

PorterStarrByrd

Registered
Reaction score
might as well share this here too..

just discovered that Dammit i'm mad spelled backward is Dammit I'm Mad

Just posted chapter 4 of the Concise History of the world in my blog

link below

subject is the evolution of booze

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
It looks like just you and me in here, kid. What'll you have? An aperitif? Brunch?
I suppose I'm too late for brunch now. Dammit!

Alone Again, too.

Well, I shouldn't be here at all. Thursday is my writing day. Not that I don't write on other days, just that this one is no internet, no phone, no cooking, nothing be me and my WIP. (Yes Wip, not whip).

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose I'm too late for brunch now. Dammit!

Alone Again, too.

Well, I shouldn't be here at all. Thursday is my writing day. Not that I don't write on other days, just that this one is no internet, no phone, no cooking, nothing be me and my WIP. (Yes Wip, not whip).
It's Thursday??? How the days fly by when they're filled with diapers and bottles!! The interior of diapers the color of dark mustard. I think I know where the name, Grey Poop-on Mustard, got its name. Never mind ... I don't think I'll post this.

OOPS!

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Nope. It was before my time, after my time or I wasn't even in this country when it played. I still hear a song every now and then that was popular here but it didn't make it to Asia - mostly mid- to late-60's.

Yeah my ex-wife could never undstand how I missed several years of music when I was on those vacation cruises.
The TV show references are fun to deal with too. I didn't even know what Star Trek was until a few years after I was back to CONUS.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The TV show references are fun to deal with too. I didn't even know what Star Trek was until a few years after I was back to CONUS.
Yeah, Haggis, I missed many of those shows and never saw them until years later when they were in syndication.

Status
Not open for further replies.