The Old Farts Bar, Grill and Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurdyman

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hey! It is almost time for brunch. We're having huevos en fuego, corn waffles with maple syrup, smoked ham, deep dish apple pie, and coffee. C'mon over!

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
That would be SUNDAY breakfast - to include: hotcakes, smothered with butter, topped with spoonfuls of black raspberry jam. I can hardly wait! It would be even better if I could get someone else to do the cooking.

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got chocolate chip cookie dough, have a bowl.
Momma Bear's appetite has been waning for a few weeks now but she might jump at the cookie dough - baked. We're at D-Day+4, 50% effacement (same as the Friday before). Quick sonogram showed everything is good, plenty of amniotic fluid, heartbeat is good and she's still very active. I'm beginning to think she's waiting for the job market to improve.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Two words, Joe: long ride.

Two more: bumpy road.
Yep, heard that, plus eat something spicy before a bumpy ride and a few other things not printable in mixed company. But, we don't want to start telling her to hurry up - it would make her slow down 'cause that's what I'd do.
icon10.gif
I'm extremely patient; come to think of it, Momma Bear is patient too - somewhat.

flea23

thewordmaster
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fleaflyfloo.blogspot.com
I once read one of George burns five autobiographies. In one of them he said he could say anything he wanted about anybody and he wouldn't be afraid of them suing him. The reason, they were all dead anyway, so why would they sue.

Ole George could make a dead man laugh. I did.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, heard that, plus eat something spicy before a bumpy ride and a few other things not printable in mixed company. But, we don't want to start telling her to hurry up - it would make her slow down 'cause that's what I'd do.
icon10.gif
I'm extremely patient; come to think of it, Momma Bear is patient too - somewhat.
Doctors GUESS the due date. Parents usually take it as gospel. Baby comes at the right time.

Come to think of it, the parents could probably make a better estimate of TOA than the doc. But, hey, here you are on the Old Fart's forum. I'm sure you can't remember as far back as nine months. :)

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Doctors GUESS the due date. Parents usually take it as gospel. Baby comes at the right time.

Come to think of it, the parents could probably make a better estimate of TOA than the doc. But, hey, here you are on the Old Fart's forum. I'm sure you can't remember as far back as nine months. :)
Based on years (centuries?) of observations and resulting statistics, OB's project due dates as 40 weeks from the first day of the woman's last menses prior to conception. Popular practice has been to use nine months from conception but it's actually not accurate and not consistent with medical practice. Plus, 40 weeks +/- 2 weeks is the generally accepted view of OB's nowadays, the variability resulting from the woman's biochemistry and health, the baby, diet, birth order, etc. A specific woman's calendar can be complicated by such things as timing of conception during the fertility cycle, usually non-threatening sub-chorionic hematomas resulting in bleeding (28+/-% of pregnancies), and other factors. Also, a high percentage of first pregnancies result in late (40+ weeks) deliveries.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Mine used to be - until we started this journey.
icon7.gif
Now, I need to learn about another species - girls!
icon10.gif

LOL, what's the trouble, you have mama bear right there in front of you, can't use the model to learn from?
Don't listen to her, Joe. She's trying to confuse you. They do that, you know.

Wimminz are sooooo different. But whatever you do, don't ever give in to the old toilet seat thingy. If you can put it up after them, they can put it down after you. Stick to your guns, man.

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
round here you shut the lid as well as put the seat down, and engage the child latch or there is a good chance the raccoon will toss your cell phone in the water.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't listen to her, Joe. She's trying to confuse you. They do that, you know.

Wimminz are sooooo different. But whatever you do, don't ever give in to the old toilet seat thingy. If you can put it up after them, they can put it down after you. Stick to your guns, man.
Thanks, Haggis!!!!! I appreciate the support. (Psst - don't tell SR but I think she had me confused until you rung in.)
I already do the toilet seat thingy as does Mama Bear but that's to keep certain four-legged critters from being flushed.

SR, I understand womenfolk but girls are different. They think differently, seem to question rational fashion sense, want to date boys before the age of 21 (guns are at the ready), try to grow up until they reach a certain age and then try to get young again, and other stuff that boggles the mind.

JoeBear

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

Good one, Joe.

:ROFL:
Thanks, dog! But then, boys can be kinda strange too, especially when they become men. To wit, most fight to be born through the birth canal and then spend the rest of their lives trying to get back in other ones.

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, dog! But then, boys can be kinda strange too, especially when they become men. To wit, most fight to be born through the birth canal and then spend the rest of their lives trying to get back in other ones.

Only if you're lucky. :tongue

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
I've raised three boys and the last is a girl, she hates fashion, t-shirt, jeans and flip flops, doesn't wear makeup, or dresses. She has no interest in shaving anything, doesn't giggle or gossip, no interest in boys or girls, says she is going ot med school so she has no time for romance period.

Hmm, well, if you figure out girls let me know because mine would rather shoot a gun, go on a canoe trip, primitive camp, and can her own food . . . wait she's just like me. LOL Hmm, almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.