Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Jenna's (and AW's) Baby Sarina arrives!

'Twas but a dream of thee El Jefe MacAllister's Avatar

Jenna's (and AW's) Baby Sarina arrives!

Giving it its own discussion thread. Back to edit in links.

Original Jenna's baby thread.
    Last edited by MacAllister; 03-25-2008 at 10:46 PM.
    AW on FaceBook
    AW on Twitter!
    About.Me

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings

haz own threads Little Red Barn's Avatar
    I don't understand all these new buttons going on, can you fill me in.? Is this why we were down this morn?

I remember this happy occassion and all the refreshing...

New buttons?

We've just built a community archive forum, Kimmi, to store in one, easily-searchable place some of the stuff that gets talked about over and over -- the significant events, memorable threads, and so on, to help people understand those in-jokes and obscure references to Phentermine that otherwise might be more confusing.
    AW on FaceBook
    AW on Twitter!
    About.Me

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings

Quote Originally Posted by MacAllister View Post
    New buttons?

We've just built a community archive forum, Kimmi, to store in one, easily-searchable place some of the stuff that gets talked about over and over -- the significant events, memorable threads, and so on, to help people understand those in-jokes and obscure references to Phentermine that otherwise might be more confusing.
    Ohh, ahh, ah! That's neat, thanks! So that Phentermine, I'm finally going to get in on it, huh? What is that stuff, in 10 seconds or less, please?
    ACK: Should I delete this, sorry, archives havn' one of those continuos blonde moment days...

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    Ohh, ahh, ah! That's neat, thanks! So that Phentermine, I'm finally going to get in on it, huh? What is that stuff, in 10 seconds or less, please?
    ACK: Should I delete this, sorry, archives havn' one of those continuos blonde moment days...
    Naw, you're fine. The archives themselves can't be posted in. We'll just copy the pertinent threads into there.

This is the discussion subforum.

The thing that most strikes me, re-reading the Sarina's Arrival thread, is that Jenna's baby had more aunties and uncles pacing the floor waiting for news of her than thirty other babies all put together.
    AW on FaceBook
    AW on Twitter!
    About.Me

Sarina is a neat name.
    Wonder how she came up with it?
    Jenna is actually pretty cool too.
    I like names that end in vowels.
    Maybe I'll change mine around to make it so.
    Ansi; Hmmm; What do you think?

Ah yes, Mac, Sarina certainly did have a lot of aunties and uncles.. and btw that was a cool poem you wrote for Sarina's 1st Birthday, yikes a year, whoa, time shure do fly by! ;D

Anis, I remember now, I happened to be the one to guess the name of Jenna's baby after a whole long thread of clues!

It's a doggy dog world benbradley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anis View Post
    Sarina is a neat name.
    Wonder how she came up with it?
    I recall reading about it when Jenna was "very, very" pregnant expecting and stuff, Sarina was named after someone or other - I forget the details, but I know I read the story in some thread back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by anis View Post
    Jenna is actually pretty cool too.
    I like names that end in vowels.
    Maybe I'll change mine around to make it so.
    Ansi; Hmmm; What do you think?
    American National Standards Institute?
    But yeah, ending with a vowel worked for Abba, too!
    Ello.
    NaNoWriMo 2014: Unknown.
    Tweets daily or so.

Ansi = American National Standards Institute
    Quite interesting and has a good ring to it too.
    From now on that is my new name!

American National Standards Institute

ps Jenna's name guessing thread reminds me of the story of Rumplestiltskin, but with a very happy ending!
    Last edited by Ken; 03-26-2008 at 04:06 PM.

wishes you happiness JennaGlatzer's Avatar
    Hi! She wasn't named after anyone, just an interesting coincidence-- while coming up with name ideas, both her dad and my mom came up with the name Sarina separately. I thought that was a sign. Originally we were going with it spelled as Serena (like Serena Casey here on AW), but decided to go with the other spelling instead. I'm sure that's what you're remembering, Ben-- in my "guess her name" thread, I said she shared a name with an AW member.

So far, she's lived up to the "serene" part of her name beautifully.
    I am no longer here. If you'd like to visit me, please find me at www.jennaglatzer.com or on Facebook. Thanks!

I ran across this thread today, where Jenna began to show signs of mental instability while she was preggers with Sarina. She actually tried to get us all to follow a set of guidelines....
    "Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's store before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and steal the stereo." -- Bill Gates, Mac Week, March 14, 1989

Stories of Strength
    My listing in the Absolute Write Library.
    Support the Author Advocate Defense Fund

wishes you happiness JennaGlatzer's Avatar
    Hush! At least one out of every 4,576 members actually read it!
    I am no longer here. If you'd like to visit me, please find me at www.jennaglatzer.com or on Facebook. Thanks!