• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Pimlico Agency (Kay & Kirby McCauley)

Smiling Ted

Ah-HA!
Registered
Reaction score
I know they represent some heavy-hitting SF/F writers, but they have almost no Web presence.

Anyone with info?

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
I did a quick search, found lots of names of authors they represent, especially one of the McCauleys. I'll try to find more, but they don't appear to have a website.

JamesRobertSmith

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamesrobertsmith.net
I don't know much about them. From what I've heard, they at least at one time were agents for a number of big-time sf, fantasy, and horror authors, including Stephen King. I do seem to recall some news--many years ago--about King leaving the agency because they didn't file some important tax documents and almost got some of their clients into deep doo-doo with the IRS. I don't have any details about this, nor even if the stories were all true.

However, I think they swing some weight with many editors and have some great clients.

They would likely be an effective agency if you're good enough to get them to take you on.

Anaquana

needed a good laugh today
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
Querytracker lists a Christopher Shepard as being with the Pimlico Agency, but I can't find any information on him on either P&E or Publisher's Marketplace. Does anybody here have any information on him?

A. R. Braun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I queried agent Laura Rennert yesterday, and she's an author with a lot of books also, so that doesn't mean McCauley's not a serious agent; the lack of Web presence bothers me, however. To add to what JamesRobertSmith said, perhaps you have to know the right people to get your foot in the door. I haven't heard anything about King leaving McCauley's agency, but it could very well be.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Kirby passed away in '14 (obit). Agency continues under Kay, although I'm not finding much activity after '13. She also dba Aurous, Inc.