The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana Finch Literary Agency

I found this on Pub Mrtkplce

December 3, 2007
    Foreign rights:
    Non-fiction Japanese rights to NYT Digital Domain columnist Randall Stross's untitled book on Google, to NHK, at auction, by The English Agency, on behalf of Diana Finch Literary Agency and the Elizabeth Kaplan Literary Agency.
    diana.finch@verizon.net
    November 15, 2007
    Foreign rights:
    Non-fiction Portuguese rights to Michael Ruhlman's THE ELEMENTS OF COOKING, to Zahar, by Diana Finch Literary Agency, in association with Agencia Riff, on behalf of the Elizabeth Kaplan Literary Agency. diana.finch@verizon.net
    Mark

Want to learn about ETFs? Yours truly is the About.com Guide for Exchange Traded Funds.

I'm also the CEO of SEOM Interactive a Philadelphia SEO Company and I tweet at @markkennedysem

practical experience, FTW
    I put a feeler out but have nothing more to add. Did you query? I would love to hear what happened, and I will keep you posted as well.

Has anyone queried her and heard anything. I think I really like this one. Any info would be great. Thanks.

I queried her. Got a same day rejection. Nice response and fast.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Queried...heard back in less than a week, with a request for a partial. Rejection one month later. A nice, personal one. Information on her is fairly scarce.

Tarzan
    She has had a full of mine for quite some time. She's apparently pretty busy. She has expertise in the foreign sales area so she would be great for ancillary sales after U.S. I have sent several status equeries and she says it is still in her queue. We shall see. Not a lot of info on her other than what has already been listed.

Queried her. Heard back a few hours later. She said no, but it sounded like an automatic reply. Maybe she's not accepting right now, but I'm not sure.

Sent her a basic query for my debut suspense/thriller on 3/26/2009 and got a request for the first 50 late today (3/30/2009). It will be going out in tomorrow's mail.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Anyone else heard from her lately?

practical experience, FTW JamieB's Avatar
    I just sent her my full. She sounds very nice and professional through email. I don't have any other info to add though.
    NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author
    www.jamieblairauthor.com

Young Adult
    Romance

Queried her today. Has anyone heard anything? It seems this thread is very vacant
    Now Editing:
    Cinderella's Glass Stiletto - YA Fantasy, Mean Girls meets Once Upon a Time

When Norah and her suicidal half-sister are sent to a boarding school in Germany, they are shocked to learn their classmates are characters from storybooks.

Twitter Blog

practical experience, FTW ether's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelfrancis View Post
    Queried her today. Has anyone heard anything? It seems this thread is very vacant
    I queried her 9/9 and got a rejection the same day.
    Kelley
    (author) www.kelley-york.com | (cover artist) www.x-potion.net

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin gladspooky's Avatar
    queried on 9/22, got a request for 10 pages (which she says to include with the query in her guidelines, though i was working on a different set of guidelines) on the 24th, got a rejection on the 27th

very quick responses, very nice and cordial

http://www.webook.com/agent/dfinch should be useful to anyone wanting to query her. She lists all the genres she's interested in.

Niki Smith: Comics & Graphic Novels
    http://www.niki-smith.com/ | twitter

Please get in touch for cover design rates.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

The author I've been ghostwriting for sent a query through the online submission form on 4/11/11. He got a reply from her on 6/22 saying she was still considering his submission and wanted to confirm he's still seeking representation. She's supposed to let him know "within a month", so perhaps I'll be able to post some news in a few days...

Finally got a reply this morning: a short, polite no thanks. Ah well.

Diana Finch of Diana Finch Literary responded to my query requesting that I pay her money for feedback and editing services for my query. The reply was generic and I feel she sends this to everyone she rejects trying to make money off of desperate writers. She is an AAR agent which forbids this kind of activity, but she says she can get away with it because she doesn't intent to represent anyone she helps with her services. You may not want to query this agency. I also reported her to AAR.

Preditors & Editors Requiescat In Pace DaveKuzminski's Avatar
    Can you send me/P&E a copy of her response?
    When it comes to PA, the royalty check and the reality check arrive in the same envelope.

Remember to be kind to writers who step in PA. They really don't know how bad it smells.

The difference between PA and WLA? None. Both have the stench of dead and dying books emanating from their doorways.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Me too, please. beware [at] sfwa.org. Thanks.

- Victoria

While I haven't queried Ms. Finch, I have met and spoken with her on several occasions. I have the highest regard for her. She chairs AAR's international committee, and from the meeting I attended, has the respect of her fellow agents. She's also heavily involved in BEA's global market forum. Every year she moderates a panel. She's an Ivy League grad, and every time I've spoken with her, I'm impressed--and a little intimidated--by her intelligence. I can't speak to this new editorial service, but I can say with certainty that she's legitimate, a leading force in AAR, and highly respected.

Kmarshall--this is why Writer Beware asks for documentation: we don't accept isolated complaints without backup. If I do receive the documentation as requested, I'll report back here. If I don't, I'll consider the report of fees unsubstantiated.

- Victoria

Well, it'd be embarrassing for someone to contact AAR with a complaint, only to find it's against someone so respected in the association--a committee chair, no less. I'd like to save anyone from that kind of mistake.

Well, I'd hope the AAR would take any credible, documented complaint seriously, regardless of how prestigious the subject of the complaint was.

- Victoria

I suppose so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast