Hello Readers, I'd like to play a game...

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
You spent very small portions of your lives reading this site. Day after day you come here and read bits and pieces of each thread and then walk away unchanged…ungrateful…and indifferent.

Today I am going to change all that. Today I will make you grateful to be on this forum. Today we’ll see if you have the will to finish reading my post and survive.

The device strapped to your fingers is on a timer. The timer is set to go off in 90 seconds. In order to free yourself from the device you must type up a reply to this post of 100 words. If you do that, the timer will stop and the device will be released.

If you don’t, the device will snap like a trap, severing your fingers from your hand leaving you with nothing but nubs and your ability to type will forever be ruined.

Type carefully, but quickly. The clock is ticking.

(hehe...that's in Jigsaw's voice if you didn't catch the reference. Oh, and if you didn't catch it, the object of this game is to type 100 words in 90 seconds)

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay I’m typing real fast because I realize that if I don’t get 100 words typed I’ll lose my fingers and, OMG, that would be a disaster because I’m a writer and if I don’t have fingers I don’t know how I can keep writing, unless maybe I dictated into a recorder, but I don’t know how well that would work, and how do you revise once you’ve dictated something, and gee, I’m starting to feel desperate because the seconds are going by so fast, right now it’s 84, 85, 86, I still haven’t written 100 words and--ARGGHHHHHH!

:(

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
My writing isn’t good when I’m under pressure let alone no pressure. But here I am trying to complete this quick assignment to keep my head and fingers going. It trivial, but alas I feel as if I accomplished something today other than washing clothes and drinking beer. The holiday is coming up so I’ll have something to look forward to reading upon my return. This isn’t my best piece of work although I haven’t run across my best piece of work. There’s always tomorrow, and I don’t think this has totaled 100 words yet. Write on, peoples. I did it!

Gmz1023

Banned
Reaction score
how exactly are we suposed to know when we've gone over the limit? because, i mean, come on, Its not like our computer clocks go by the second (at least mine doesn't) and, so anyway, i think this is like 20 words by now... must keep going, dont want to loose my fingers... i need those for Finging things... what ever that is... 30? 40? i dont know, i'm not counting, does it matter if we go over 100? because i probably will be in 120's by the time this is *snap* ow...

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Go.
All the things I do with my fingers. I eat. I snap them at waiters. I pick my nose (when I was a kid). I point out all your mistakes. I take notes. I chew the fingernails, I rub the sleep out of my eyes every morning. I caress my lover. I pet my puppy, I feed my kitty, I scratch my oops....I dig the wax out of my ears, I....

time's up!

I think I got 75 words in.

anybody want to give me a grade?

I still have my fingers though!

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
My problem is more than just the OCD that requires reading and re-reading as I type. I only type 55 WPM. Thus, I am handicapped before I test such game. And, I could type tons of little words that make no sense. And make the grade I suppose. But, I do not think to "fudge" the outcome by "cheating" a bit to make the end ma

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
66 and a half. Do you take off for spelling/grammar errors like a real typing test would?

Hope someone makes it!

Christine

Ciera_

AH! GO! The exclamation marks are taking up too much time! AH! Now I know why we’re supposed to eliminate them! AH! I guess I should stop saying ‘AH!’ because it’s redundant after a while and every exclamation mark is just wasting more of my time. AH! I’m only like half way there. But I just split ‘half way’ into two words, what a cheater I am. I just did it again in that explanation of what a cheater I am. I hope the finger chopping device doesn’t pick up on my cheateryness. Almost there! My fingers will be saved!

Oh my god...I didn't finish the last word in time. My fingers got chopped off and I had to finish it with my nose. Thank god I'm left-handed and pretty much hunted and pecked to begin with. This will make tying my shoes a bit of a challenge, though...

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
Are you asking me to type 100 words? I can do that. I can answer your post even tho’ there wasn’t a question. I can go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on until I reach 100.