Band branding - fess up time

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
In high school I had a jeans jacket with a giant Def Leppard patch on the back. My car sported a Stryper bumper sticker and a Boss Digital Guitar Effects bumper sticker. It all seems so silly now.

So what band/musical branding have you flaunted or are you currently flaunting? Be honest . . .

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I've never given in to the marketing end of that. Never saw the purpose of running around with a t-shirt or patch or bumpersticker announcing what band you liked.

Me, I ran around with underground comics on my t-shirts.

Although my son got a warning when he wore his Hendrix shirt to the Lutheran school we send him to. Now I'm thinking of buying an Arch Enemy shirt, like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FOZ3Y4/?tag=absolutewritedm-20

I think the pentagram would be enough though. :)

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Three, because I love your avatar (someone at work came looking for her red stapler just the other day - and she was serious!), I will confess to having a YIELD custom license plate, a Pearl Jam Klausen tiger sticker on the side of my computer, and a framed Klausen poster from the Vic concert hanging in my family room. I also have 6 Pearl Jam T-shirts, which I don't get to wear now that I have a real job.

However, I draw the line at Pearl Jam socks and $55 hoodies. My preference is to spend my music budget on actual music.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Oh, you should. But make sure it is for you, not your son. Then wear it for parent-teacher conference. I'm sure you'll make quite an impression. ;)
They already have quite an impression of me.

We just upgraded my son's cellphone (he rarely uses it to phone anyone). He wanted an iPod, but for a better price we got him a cell with a MP3 player in it.

He was showing it off to his friends at school.

What had he downloaded onto it?

A couple of my Black Sabbath albums. :)