AW Amazon Affiliate Store

confused by self-publishing? Find your way to self-publishing success in just 5 easy steps with this free how-to guide!

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Austin Macauley Publishers, Ltd. (formerly Austin & Macauley)

Threaded View

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Thank your comments Old Hack and Ctripp, unlike yourselves who seem to be clued up on publishing, I'm new it all, nevertheless I'm learning, and all I can say is thank God I found out what AM were like before receiving the contract they posted and emailed me, in that instance I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones who used common sense and did research. Ref: Your previous posts Old Hack, an employee at AM was threatening you with legal action just because you more or less pointed out that, that company's practices were wrong by the way they fleeced money from writers. It's obvious what happened, you rumbled them for they shysters they are, and they clearly didn't like it. That person's threat of legal action was nothing short of 'bully boy' tactics. I emailed Victoria Strauss telling them about AM wanting a large fee from me if I agreed to go ahead with the publication of my book, and she replied saying AM threatened to sue a writer because after he complained that they made false promises after he had regrettably paid them a substantial amount of money. Vanity publishers are nothing more than thieves who give writers false hope.
    Last edited by Selkiegirl; 09-05-2016 at 06:55 PM. Reason: grammatical error