AW Amazon Affiliate Store

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Austin Macauley Publishers, Ltd. (formerly Austin & Macauley)

Threaded View

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Old Hack - I have bookmarked 'The Author Exploitation Business' web page by David Gaughran, and that gives a very informative insight into other publishing in general, and it would seem apparent, that Penguin, has bought the world's biggest vanity press, Author Solutions. Yet Penguin publishers are listed in the 'Writers' And Artists' Yearbook, I am confused, since I thought only legitimate publishers and literary agents were only allowed to be listed in there. All I can assume is Penguin still publish traditionally, but advise writers to use their partner publisher Author Solutions. What are your thoughts on that?
    Ctripp -Ref: Your comments about Austin Macauley's book covers, I have to agree they're not very good quality, and I'm no artist. My husband, who used to be an illustrator and sculptor, and was very well paid for his skill, by companies who demanded a very high standard, of work, and people who were hard to impress, would certainly say so, and it's not as though he would be judging them purely on his own level of work.
    Last edited by Selkiegirl; 09-08-2016 at 11:06 PM.