Well, I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV (I'm usually cast as the neighbor who always walks in without knocking) but:

Data Protection Act 1998

Part II, Section 6: Section 6 is in Part I and discusses how the office that created the Data Protection Act in 1984 is still in force for the sake of this 1998 act and how the officers are appointed.

Part II, Section 10: sounds like he can ask you stop but he has to give you 21 days to reply.

Part II, Section 11: looks like it's about having your name removed from mailing lists.

But looking at Part I, Section 2, mentioning his name and where he works doesn't seem to be covered under "Sensitive personal data". I'm going out on a limb here - remember: not lawyer, but wacky neighbor - to say since he's working with the general public as an editor with a publisher, he really can't expect this information to be kept private. Kind of like Tony Blair suing the Times for saying he used to be Prime Minister.

And as your wacky neighbor, I feel it is my duty to inform you you're out of mustard.