• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Robin Straus Agency Inc.

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Robin Straus Agency shows sales on P&E, and they're a member of AAR. Seems legit. I don't know who they represent, but I'm checking. Will get back to you.

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Although I can't wrangle much more, at least two of her deals have been described as "nice" and she does represent debut novels.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
She also acts as U.S. agent for Andrew Nurnberg & Associates.

FWIW, here're some older and more recent deals than those listed on AQ.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
The ranges:

nice deal: $1 - $49,000
very nice deal: $50,000 - $99,000
good deal: $100,000 - $250,000
significant deal: $251,000 - $499,000
major deal: $500,000 and up

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Straus has made deals up to and including "significant", if anyone is concerned about that.

revolocard

Registered
Reaction score
She represents the Alexander McCall Smith of "The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency," which is pretty big. It's a very small agency and they say they can't take on more than a few clients per year, so they're going to be a really hard sell. They do 60% nonfiction, 40% fiction. Want to work with clients for careers rather than just one book.

Basically, seems picky, but good if you could get them.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
She represents the Alexander McCall Smith of "The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency," which is pretty big. It's a very small agency and they say they can't take on more than a few clients per year, so they're going to be a really hard sell. They do 60% nonfiction, 40% fiction. Want to work with clients for careers rather than just one book.

Basically, seems picky, but good if you could get them.

It must be a *very* small agency, because her address is a residential apartment building.

Although if she's making good sales, I wouldn't care if my agent was working out of a shoe.

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with Erika Recordon at this agency? The website indicates she is building her client list.

Dear Author

Yep, still at it.
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a while, and I'm hoping for info on recent interactions with Robin Straus?

Fwiw, Erika Recordon appears to have left - not listed on the website (she's still in QT, but the entry hasn't been updated in a long time). Meanwhile, I came across this: http://www.wordbywordink.com/pages/about.html

Erika Recordon is a writer and editor with experience in New York’s book publishing industry. She began her career as an intern at Writers House Literary Agency. In the spring of 2006, she joined The Robin Straus Agency as an assistant, and later an associate agent…Erika currently lives and writes in Portland, Oregon…"

Night_Writer

It's all symbolic.
Registered
Reaction score
Most recent link to her site.

http://www.robinstrausagency.com/

On the Submissions page, she asks for a "submission history." What does she mean by that? Does she really want a list of all the agents I've queried up till now? (That sure would make for a long list.) Or is it something else that I don't know about?