• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Booklocker

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Every newbie gets a freebie. ;)

Don't be afraid to ask if you need help searching; vBulletin can be kludgy, especially when looking for older threads.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
For some of the issues to consider when thinking about a POD self-pub service like Booklocker (including comparison shopping to make sure you get the right service), see the Print on Demand page of Writer Beware.

While using a POD service is entirely appropriate in certain circumstances, and can be very successful for people who are targeting a niche market or who have direct access to their audiences, I'd agree with your author friend that POD is not the right way to go if you're looking to establish a writing career.

- Victoria

scriptor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Thanks Victoria, yea I think I'll stick with the regular agent/publisher direction... and CAO, thanks for cutting me some slack...

Nandi

Registered
Reaction score
I thought I'd bump up this old thread to see if anyone would care to comment on their experiences with Booklocker. I've heard good things about this company. Would love to hear about peoples' satisfaction or disappointment with Booklocker.

gan_naire

Without Shame
Registered
Reaction score
If you're going to stalk me, make it interesting a
BookLocker Press?

Their website looked good to me, but I found that it's run by just two people full time and sometimes and additional two people. You don't have to get them to do the cover design, but they can if you want them to. Naturally they'll do all the formatting for ebook and POD. Also they say that they will reject a bad story, so they request to read it before they work with it. I don't really know if this is a clever thing for them to say to sound more honest or not, but I think I've read good things about them here.

Rhush

Slave to the metal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
BookLocker? (merged into BR&BC thread)

First, I apologize if this has already been covered. I've spent a lot of time on this thread and didn't come across it. Anyway... I'm thinking about publishing my novel with BookLocker. They seem to have the lowest fees and an actual interest in book sales. Does anyone know anything about them? Good, bad, or ugly? And is this a more viable choice than Amazon Kindle if I want to tackle more than e-pubbing?

Snafu

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ijsarfeh.com
One of my early books was with Booklocker. Little editorial service, not bad cover art, little if any marketing. I didn't publish with them after that novel, which I think has sold at least two copies. Still, if you're desperate to see your novel in print, it's a relatively inexpensive way to go, and relatively hassle-free.