The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Webzine] Golden Visions

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment astonwest's Avatar

[Webzine] Golden Visions

Has anyone ever heard of this magazine or its contest before?

Big Daddy West
    Make sure to visit AstonWest.com
    I'm also on Facebook and Twitter

Check out my newest novels, Death Brings Victory (the latest Aston West "in-the-series" novel) and The Cure.

Here is the duotrope link for the magazine. It was created Jan 2008 and doesn't have a track record to judge from yet.
    <clickety to see my books

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think Iím disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Horrid website. Here's a link to the home page, since there's none from its contest page.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Still a horrid website but, hey, they're still going. Anyone deal with them?
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

They published one of my short stories in their summer print issue. They initially asked for the story to be longer, then accepted my rewrite. Contract asked for First North American rights. Story was copy edited and I received galleys for a final check. Correspondence was polite and professional. Low rates, but the check arrived on time and cleared with no problems. My complimentary pdf copy looked really nice. Don't know anything about the contest. Don't know anything about how many issues they sell.

Closed August '12.
    ICAO
    ---------