• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Carol Mann Agency

BooksandGreenTea

Registered
Reaction score
Myrsini

I got a lovely request for a full from Myrsini on March 1 but still have not heard back yet... keeping my fingers crossed...

BooksandGreenTea

Registered
Reaction score
Myrsini

Anybody gotten a response from her recently? She said I could follow up with her after 4 weeks, but when I did she did not respond.

I have two fulls out and neither has responded yet. Just anxious I guess...

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
Anybody gotten a response from her recently? She said I could follow up with her after 4 weeks, but when I did she did not respond.

I have two fulls out and neither has responded yet. Just anxious I guess...

I sent a full to her back in November. Despite nudging, I haven't heard back. Ended up selling the book to a publisher directly, so it doesn't matter much now.

BooksandGreenTea

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Ether!! ;)

*sighs* Guess I'll wait patiently for a while longer. Still sending out query letters and working on some new stuff in the meantime.

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a full to her back in November. Despite nudging, I haven't heard back.

This seems to be her recent m.o. Excited request and then long silence and no responses to nudging. She requested my full in early December and that's the last I heard from her despite some nudges. I honestly thought she'd left the business until I saw this thread.

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
This seems to be her recent m.o. Excited request and then long silence and no responses to nudging. She requested my full in early December and that's the last I heard from her despite some nudges. I honestly thought she'd left the business until I saw this thread.

Looking on QT, it does seem like it's common lately. I ended up selling that book to a publisher and she didn't respond to the email I sent her prior to signing the contract, so...

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any recent dealings with Joanne Wyckoff? I know all the standard things--that she moved from Zachary Schuster Harmsworth, was at Beacon Press, what Carol Mann's website and Wychoff's QT page says--but I wondered if anyone had met her or had any personal experiences with her that they could share.

FCameron

Registered
Reaction score
Website
definingyourhome.blogspot.com
I'm trying to query Myrsini, but my email is rejected by their server. I'm using my typical Query in the subject line, my last name and title of my book.

I've not had this issue with any other agencies.

Thanks.

PS -- I called the agency and tried sending the query to the assistant and that email bounced, too. I called her again and she will report the issue to the IT department. Given the Hurricane Sandy issues, it may be a week before this resolved and I will resend my query.

Last edited:

JohnnyCat38

Registered
Reaction score
Myrsini Stephanides

Hi all. This past June 26th, Myrsini Stephanides of the Carol Mann Agency was nice enough to request the full manuscript of my offbeat, quirky work of fiction. I'm nearly at the nine month mark in the wait. I know she's recently had a few successful authors (one who actually topped the NYT Bestseller list), so I imagine she's been very busy.I'm not sure how long this process typically takes, so I'm not sweating it. I've sent a polite e-mail to ask her about the status of my manuscript not too long ago and haven't heard back from her. Like I said, she's probably been very busy and she's been very professional in the e-mails she has sent me thus far. I was just wondering if I've been waiting a fairly normal amount of time.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... queried her once. Rejection by way of an iphone, as the email stated. Seems like a sign that she's a busy agent on the go. Only input I can offer. G'luck.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
There's already a thread for the Carol Mann Agency. I haven't read through it, but I suspect you'll get some idea of what's normal/not normal from leafing through the pages.

<link snipped>

Last edited by a moderator:

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Queried Eliza on 3/13, flushed down the drain of doom and into the seventh circle of rejection hell on 3/19.

Mfraser

Hoping For the Best
Registered
Reaction score
This thread might be dead, but maybe I can revive it with a question... Anyone know anything about Lydia Blyfield at Carol Mann? Impressions of the agency in general? It seems like a good one, but I'd love some more personal insight.

poppyI

Registered
Reaction score
I got a reject from Carol Mann agency 2 days later. I queries mrs. Mann in particular but the rejection was general Carol mann agency, do i go about sending another agent from that agency if i do not know who reviewed my query?

Newsluv

Registered
Reaction score
Iris Blasi - Carol Mann Agency

Hello everyone!

I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with literary agent Iris Blasi from the Carol Mann agency? I have not been able to find much of a track record and I'd love some insights overall. Thank you!