• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Display site] Zooty and Flappers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnettetxgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donnettesmith.com
Anyone heard of Domenic Pappalardo @ www.zootyandflappers.com

He also runs a forum called Scab busters. I actually ran across him on another forum. He posted that he did an interview with Dave at P&E. Encouraged everyone to check it out on his Scab busters forum.

When I did, and left a few discussions on his forum concerning the fact that I didn't agree with the way he stated that David K did not know the difference between lies and truth, he actually removed my discussions from his forum.

Who is this guy, does anyone know?

Thanks,

Donnette Smith
Author of Lady Gabriella
www.mysteryromantics.com
www.freewebs.com/romanceauthor
www.myspace.com/storycreater

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
What's been said. DON'T make ANY more contact with the guy. Seriously. You may want to block your email from him.

He's the moronic psycho whack-job cyber-stalker I referred to in another thread in this forum.

Just yesterday he left yet another odd and creepily disconnected comment on my blog, which I instantly deleted. The worst thing I can do is reply, even if it's to tell him to pi%% off. That's just what he wants: a reaction.

He got his ego shot up on Lee Goldberg's blog, but kept coming back for more abuse. TWO MONTHS later he's still posting on that same old entry.

He creeped me so much--NOT easy, lemme tell ya--that I gave his pic to the security team at a recent convention I attended. He is seriously disturbed.

Stay off his radar. I wish he'd get bored with me and vanish. :(

Last edited:

Donnettetxgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donnettesmith.com
You've got to be kidding me, right? Now you're creepin me out.

Actually, he was on another forum. www.mywriterscircle.com

I kind of had this guy pegged, so I pretty much just come out & told him about some of the negative feedback concerning him on the net. Asked him if he was a real, bonafide publisher if he could be so kind as to post some of the authors he'd helped get published. That was about the end of it.

Do you know if David K really did an interview with this guy?

What is he, as cyber stalker?

Donnette Smith

talps

It's all happening...
Registered
Reaction score
Ah yes, this was the man who sorta kinda called watchdog sites like WriterBeware Satanic, no?

That alone oughtta be enough of a run-don't-walk warning for you, Donnette!

Last edited:

Donnettetxgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donnettesmith.com
Yeah, Victoria, it is, isn't it?

My main concern was that I didn't want him gathering more victims on the writerscircle forum. Others like him have tried to join the forum over there with that intention. I just wanted to make it clear to everyone that he was less-than-honest.

I read that thread about him on your blog, and actually posted a link on mywriterscircle to it.

Yesterday was actually the first time I'd heard of this guy. A real work-of-art, he is.

This scab busters forum he is running is a joke. I wonder what his definition of a scab is.

Donnette Smith

Donnettetxgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donnettesmith.com

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Yes, I did the interview. I've read over what he posted. Except for one or two words where it appears the cut and paste missed a letter, it appears to be relatively accurate. (At least I hope I didn't leave out a letter from any words.)

I will state that I did not have any idea of the nature of the questions that would be asked when I agreed to the interview. As to his own leanings, that's for the readers to decide.

The last question was not a part of the interview I agreed to answer. Instead, I believed he was simply asking a question not connected to the interview. Regardless, my answer stands. After all, a lot of folks know that I generally stand by what I state, even though many do not agree with my words or the manner in which I sometimes employ them.

Added: At the top of the interview was language that wasn't revealed to me before the interview, so it's safe to say he had a hidden agenda. Likewise, it's safe to say I'm disappointed in his deletion of any posts contrary to his own views, especially since many folks know that I'm opposed to deleting posts, even those that might be embarrassing to me or wrong.

Last edited:

JimmyD1318

THE POPCORN MONSTER!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there Donnette! Nice to see you here. Hmmm...after reading all of this...it is obvious that the man has problems. I will wish him luck and leave it at that. I guess I will forever be stuck being just a Toady Bug.:cry: Victoria...you know Satan? Now I'm really jealous.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hah! I read them before they were deleted. Does this mean I'm tight with Satan too?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great. Another person who doesn't understand that "hits" does not mean actual sales or services rendered.

And is he the only person allowed to comment on the forums?

So, um, Victoria, d'you think I could get Satan's email address? Just to say "hi". Y'know. Nothing big. Please? I'll buy you a decaf, no milk, no foam, no sugar, no chocolate hold the whip double extra grande mochacinotte every day for a month. Okay, okay, it's essentially a cup of black decaf BUT IT'S A FREE CUP OF COFFEE EVERY DAY FOR A MONTH!

BarbJ

Registered
Reaction score

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Dear Mr. Domenic Pappalardo,

The only thing I'm really disappointed in is that you've deleted remarks made by other individuals with viewpoints contrary to your own and banned some from posting. If you've done your research as you claimed you have, you'd know that P&E has published opinions at variance with its own views. In that respect, you and your site fail miserably at serving the good of the public.

Likewise, you have no criteria listed to show what is considered acceptable behavior or what is not. For that reason, it's unlikely that visitors to your site will ever trust your views like they do for other sites that have such posted criteria. Of course, you must have encountered P&E's criteria in your extensive research.

Equally important, I'm sure you don't just critique only one aspect of other sites and take care to also look at what else a site does to deserve its visitors. For instance, besides warning visitors about watchdog sites, do you also provide them with opinions from not only yourself, but from company owners within the publishing industry? Do you provide your visitors with free services, such as free promotions for their first books, information about signings, and advice on getting published? Do you give them free tutorials on how to format queries, how to count words in manuscripts, and how to submit their work? Do you provide definitions for industry terminology?

Think about it. Can you really live up to the standards that P&E set for itself? If you can, then you'll live up to the challenge to restore those deleted postings and reinstate those posters from being banned.

By the way, I will be posting this on other forums. The public is entitled to know if you're up to the challenge.
--
Cordially,
Dave Kuzminski, Editor
Preditors & Editors ™
http://anotherealm.com/prededitors/

JimmyD1318

THE POPCORN MONSTER!
Registered
Reaction score
BFFs, man. (He--Domenic, not Satan--deleted your comments too.)

- Victoria

Good. I asked to be removed from his site. I have no wish to have anything to do with him or anyone like him. His so called 'interview' with Dave was full of actuations and underhanded attacks. What Dave and you, Victoria, do for writers everywhere is important. I for one want to say thank you too the both of you. By the way...can I have Satan's email...just to say 'hi'? I'll give you a month supply of POPCORN from my secret stash! That beats a cup of decaf any day of the week!:popcorn:

Last edited:

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Dave, you gave a good interview with straight replies and showed remarkable restraint to his childish and obvious baiting. Anyone with a brain will suss out his crapola and know he's a whack job with an agenda.

I think the man has mental problems and is dying for attention, so long as it validates his views, hence all the deletions in the so-called forum.

The worst thing we can do is to continue providing him with additional attention. If discussion on this person continues, may we gift him with a nickname and perhaps reduce his web-presence?

I'd suggest Shemp, but it's been taken.

How about Willy -- British slang aside
icon10.gif
-- after Will H. Hays?

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Domenic is definitely a special individual. I particularly loved the following from here:

Domenic:
This interview is not something I wanted to post.

This contradicts his first email to Dave:

Dave I am doing a story on Preditors & Editors and yourself for my site:
www.scabbusters.ning.com

The story is to be posted on the 5th. Would you be willing to respond to some questions?

which kind of suggests that he was looking for an interview to post/quote in his "story", particularly when his "story" is actually the interview with some rather poor attempts at commentary.

I also liked Domenic's Sean Connery impersonation:

Domenic:
Don't you feel that giving a falsh impression is a lie?

Domenic:
Do you feel intimidated by scabbusters?

Ignorant buffoons don't tend to be intimidating. Particularly when they run sites with 2 members and don't appear to have inkling as to what they're talking about.

Gillhoughly:
How about Willy -- British slang aside

I don't think that British slang has to be set aside for that nickname to be appropriate. :)

MM

Last edited:

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
OMG. I haven't been to "Willy's" site in some time. I forgot just how awful it is. He's been tinkering it with it, and somehow made it even worse.

The editor in me wants to send him a list of things that need to be corrected, but that would only help trap neos into thinking his daft plan is a good idea.

The wheel is turning, but the hamster has not only left the building but packed up and went to Martha's Vineyard.

JimmyD1318

THE POPCORN MONSTER!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, all this bribery. I'm feeling positively devilish.

Just for giggles, here's where the Satanic stuff comes from (this page is no longer linked to the current version of the Zooty website).

- Victoria

So...is it a deal?:D Here's one bag just for starters!:popcorn: At best...this person is totally clueless on how publishing works, or how to give a decent interview. At worst...he is very delusional. And that is just a wee bit scary.:Wha: Oh...and the nickname Willy sounds good to me.

talps

It's all happening...
Registered
Reaction score
Uh oh... It appears we have awakened him...
11.gif

Ah, whatever. He clearly is trying to unsuccessfully build his own utopia with the selective editing of others' comments. Says a lot about his capacity for critical and open thinking.

Tells me there's no room left at the Zooty Motel.

Status
Not open for further replies.