AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Literary Services, Inc. (John Willig)

Literary Services, Inc. (John Willig)

PM lists 74 deals since May 2003, including several recent deals. Most are Non-fiction: Business/Investing/Finance.

Has anyone dealt with or does anyone know anything about John Willig and Literary Services, Inc.? http://www.literaryservicesinc.com/

One thing that caught my eye is that they offer "Coaching Services" for $3000. http://literaryservicesinc.com/consulting.htm

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    As always, the test is whether he sells books like yours to publishers you couldn't approach on your own.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Ah, inflation. The Super Coaching package is up to $4,500 now.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Any info on this agency/agent? He was one of the recommended agents in the last Writer's Digest magazine issue. And the deals on the website sound good. I'm concerned about the coaching bit, though.

Whew! I used to work with a John Willig, who was married (as was I) but kept asking me out anyway. At least it's not him.

Maryn, just throwing that in there
    "I've never had to fake sarcasm."

Brick by Brick, a ménage à trois novel (soon to be re-released)
    Taming the Wilde, FemDom spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Men in Love, anthology about--hey, you're already there, aren't you?
    Maryn Says, an irregular blog almost never about writing
    The Occasional Tweet

lol

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I'm new to Absolute Write as I begin my writing career (after 40 years of working in publishing - with 25 years as an agent). To clarify what has been posted here about the
    'consulting fee' of my agency, it is for writers who intend to self-publish and it is for a complete review/critique of their manuscript and 3 one-hour+ sessions about their content,
    strategies for publishing (everything from title/subtitle to promotion plans) and suggestions for improvement. On our company website it is noted as Content Coaching & Strategy.
    This is not intended as a fee for writers who become clients who we are representing to publishers. Over the years I have attended and participated at many writers conferences and have seen firsthand how many writers have spent tens of thousands of dollars self-publishing their work without professional guidance on the critical 'front-end'
    of the process - developing content, sales features, even the structure of their table of contents - so I decided to help (since I've worked as an executive editor) with our coaching services. It's unfortunate to see someone thinking they are 'exposing corruption' when the intent of the service is to help writers avoid costly and time-consuming mistakes. I'll be happy to discuss further/clarify with any writer.

Hola, John Willig.