• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Pavilion Literary Management (Jeff Kellogg)

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
PM lists 7 sales for Jeff Kellogg while he was with the Stuart Agency, and 2 sales after he started up Pavilion Literary Management. It also lists 2 deals that he bought while he was at Harper. Here's the link for his website. http://www.pavilionliterary.com/index.html

Does anyone know anything else about him or Pavilion Literary Management? Anyone dealt with him?

lostlore

Registered
Reaction score
He reps Steve Almond. He does not repsond to queries if not interested. Based in Boston.

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
He reps Steve Almond. He does not repsond to queries if not interested. Based in Boston.

Thanks Lost. Hopefully someone on AW has dealt with him and can give more insight.

Last edited:

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any updated information on Jeff Kellogg? He requested a partial recently and I wanted to hear from others on their experiences with him.

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
I've traded a few mails with Jeff and he has been warm and responsive. No idea if he will request a full but my experience to date has been positive.

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Djaffe, forgive me for asking, but were you referred to them or did you just try and emailed him? Thanks.

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
hey Sciri

I sent the unsolicited email query before he put that note on his website saying you had to be published previously or sent as a referral. I probably slipped in as the door was closing! He has had my partial for more than 6 weeks and didn't reply to a reminder I sent two weeks ago. He'd indicated at the time of the request that he would turn it around rather quickly but I guess he is swamped.

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
No word from Jeff on the partial that he requested in mid-Dec. Never replied to a couple reminder emails. Didn't strike me as the type who would not reply to a partial, but nothing surprises me in this industry anymore!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Three months is standard to wait for a partial before sending a status inquiry. Just takes time.

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
Yea, you're right of course. I usually accept the long wait without complaint, but in this instance he indicated he would turn it around within a couple weeks and it's been more than 3 months.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
I'd say you've got two possibilities: either real life intervened (H1N1 flu, apartment flooded, burglar stole all the office computers, other) or he doesn't like your book as much as he thought he would.

Take your pick.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd say you've got two possibilities: either real life intervened (H1N1 flu, apartment flooded, burglar stole all the office computers, other) or he doesn't like your book as much as he thought he would.

Take your pick.

Djaffe doesn't really get to take his/her pick, because it doesn't work that way. But hopefully s/he falls into one of the first set of the two you've offered as possibilities. There are others, however- the most likely of which involves spam/operating settings having been changed on one side or the other since the initial submission, or a turnover in frontline staff. Also, uncertainty about which way to go on a manuscript can slow things down, as can an agent not having the authority to make a decision without input from higher ups. And frankly, the agent may prefer to see whether or not a submission garners other interest before deciding to read and potentially offer.

I'm saying none of this about Mr. Kellogg (I don't believe I've ever submitted anything to him). Shit happens. Djaffe's experience and questions are valid, though. IMO.

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
Who knows. I'm not really all that fussed about it at this point. Since he requested the partial, I've had several other agents do the same and they've eventually responded with either rejections or requests for fulls. No point stressing over someone who hasn't replied... perhaps he will... perhaps he won't. My hopes lay with those agents considering my full... not partials.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
PM page is gone, and website hasn't been updated in ages. Anyone have recent contact with him?

Mr. Orange

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Jeff Kellogg? Pavilion?

Anyone dealt with Jeff? He reps Steve Almond but it seems to be a one man operation.