Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I went into a co-workers office, while he was at lunch. I go onto his computer, went to a David Hasselhoff web site, found the gayest-cheesiest-beefcake-iest looking pic I could find, and set it as his desktop background.

Also, I get to work earlier than all my co-workers, and once a month or so, I will go into someone's office and take a personal object off their desk (like a family pic, or some worthless knick-knack that they've decorated their office with) and I will go put it into someone else's office. It drives everyone crazy, and I also do it to myself so that they won't be accusing me of being the prankster.

Also, you can go to someone's computer, right click, make a new folder, then put EVERY folder and icon on their desktop into that folder, then go to 'properties' of that folder
and make it 'invisible'. This will drive someone bonkers. LOL

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Not the funniest but one of my favorite jokes--I worked with a bunch of rednecks that left their radio blasting when they went to lunch--They would always have it tuned to a bad 70's rock station. I changed it to hip hop station and stole the knobs.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Fun in college dorms:

Glue a bunch of dixie cups to sheets of newspaper, spread them all over the floor and fill them with water. If the victim's unobservant, picking up the first cup sends a shower of water all over the floor.

Arrange lobster legs/claws in the bathroom to look like some awful creature is crawling up through the plumbing.

Not a prank exactly, but a room filled with balloons and streamers (so it looks like a ball pit) is great fun to come back to.

Fun in offices:

Run speaker wires under floor tiles or over the ceiling, set to play your pick of the music the target doesn't like. More fun: pretend nobody else hears it.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Back when we used pagers instead of cellphones, I read about a prank in a Dilbert book (The Joy of Work, I think) and decided to try it out on my boss.

I was assistant engineer. My office was the engineering shop. My boss, Kevin, had just changed the batteries in his pager two days ago. I called his paging service to send him a text page that said, simply, "LOW BATTERY."

Five minutes after I called, Kevin came into the shop looking for batteries. "I just changed it," he said, "it's dead already."

I was laughing so hard that I had to tell him the truth.

allen

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
A former colleague (and current friend) was both a rabid Republican and a technical Luddite. I futzed with his screensaver so that it scrolled HOWARD DEAN IN 2004 in 48 point fuschia type.

I fixed things so that his signature block, instead of displaying his business title, read: Ann Coulter's Chew Toy.

He had a great sense of humor and used to prank me all the time as well. Good times.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
When I was dating my ex husband, he lived in a barracks at the Air Force Base. The dorm rooms were basically set up in pairs, with a bathroom between the two rooms. His suite-mate, a guy named Scott, was a prankster who used to get up in the wee hours of the morning, and tape layers and layers of Saran Wrap over people's doors. Guys would get up at the ass-crack of dawn to go to work, open their door, and be pinned in by a 3" thick layer of Saran Wrap.

Oddly, it never occured to anyone to cut through it -- they always tried pulling it apart in layers.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I went into a co-workers office, while he was at lunch. I go onto his computer, went to a David Hasselhoff web site, found the gayest-cheesiest-beefcake-iest looking pic I could find, and set it as his desktop background.

Also, I get to work earlier than all my co-workers, and once a month or so, I will go into someone's office and take a personal object off their desk (like a family pic, or some worthless knick-knack that they've decorated their office with) and I will go put it into someone else's office. It drives everyone crazy, and I also do it to myself so that they won't be accusing me of being the prankster.

Also, you can go to someone's computer, right click, make a new folder, then put EVERY folder and icon on their desktop into that folder, then go to 'properties' of that folder
and make it 'invisible'. This will drive someone bonkers. LOL
I'm not so sure I think that's funny. I'd be careful with doing stuff like that.

Dan Razor

Bringing Flanel back
Registered
Reaction score
There was one prank where my big brother called a friend of his in the middle of the night. The friend picks up "Hello?" My brother simply replies "FOOOOOOOOLLLLLED YOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!" and hangs up.

kellytijer

What the hell is going on?!
Registered
Reaction score
Fun in college dorms:

Glue a bunch of dixie cups to sheets of newspaper, spread them all over the floor and fill them with water. If the victim's unobservant, picking up the first cup sends a shower of water all over the floor.

A variation on the a/m:

Some friends of mine did the same thing but colored the water yellow and glued the cups to a piece of foam board. Cup board combo were placed on prankee's bed. Cups were filled to the absolute rim. Straw was placed next to the cups with a note that said is it, or isn't it?

Fun with potty:

A friend of mine went to the bathroom of an acquaintance during a party, took the medicine cabinet off the wall, emptied it, shat in it, closed the mirrored door, and placed it back up on the wall.

I don't know what happened when the door was finally opened.

At another party, there were some annoying girls in attendance. The men at the party took turns peeing in the toilet and filling up "Super Soaker" water guns with the pee-riddled toilet water. Then they went outside and gave the girls golden showers "Super Soaker" style. The girls never knew. They were just like, "Oh! Oh my God! Is my shirt see through now?! Heeheehee!"

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What are the funniest pranks you're seen, either in person or on tv?
In person:

When I was newly married to my first husband, and all of 23, we were sitting at the dinner table one summer night when someone knocked on the front door. I went to answer it, and there was an old man with one leg and cane.

"Tell your husband I want my prosthetic leg back."

"Huh?"

He shoved a twenty in my hand. "I ran out of gas today and he helped me out. I didn't have any money though, so he paid for my gas and took my leg as collateral."

"He did?"

I stomped back into the dining room. "Did you take that man's leg?"

"Yeah. So what?"

"You can't take a cripple's leg for collateral!"

"Tell that asshole to get off my porch."

I threw the twenty on the table. "He's paid you back. Now give that man his leg. Right now! Where is it? Where'd you put it?"

"I'm not giving that old coot his leg back. Tell him to get lost."

My mind reeled. Certain I'd married a monster, I stumbled back to the door, apologizing profusely and telling him I'd find his leg for him as quick as I could.

XH came up behind me. "Calm down," he said. "I want you to meet my Uncle Jim."

Oh, man.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm the youngest of three siblings. My dad had black hair, my mom dark brown, like mine. My brother and sister are both flame-bright redheads.

Before I was born, my dad was working very long hours. Mom didn't drive. Dad's best friend, "Uncle" Richard, and his wife would phone my mom when they were going shopping and pick up anything she needed. Uncle Richard would drop his wife and groceries at home, then drive on alone to deliver Mom's. He usually stayed and visited for a half hour or so.

He wore a red wig to the door, for years, snatching it off when he heard Mom's footsteps approach the door. It ended one day when she was barefoot and caught him red-headed.

Maryn, smiling as she remembers her parents' joint telling of this story

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
When I was in college, I spent two summers working as a work/study student and one of our jobs was painting/cleaning the dorms. Since some students stayed on campus all summer, we sometimes had to move a student's stuff out of the room, paint it, and move everything back after the paint was dry. Well, one hot summer day, our crew was bored and we got the idea that we should put everything back into the WRONG rooms so we did. When the students came back, their stuff was in the wrong rooms. We thought it was hilarious - the students, well, they were mostly pissed but had to laugh after we offered to help put things back where they belonged.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In high school drama club, we did "Inherit the Wind" my senior year. During the first dress rehearsal, during the big revival scene where the preacher character (the kid playing the part was the son of a real pastor) delivers the line "God send us a sign!"

And down from the flies fell a rubber chicken, right at his feet.

Killed the entire cast, the director, the few people in the audience--everyone except Greg, who kept his cool.

When the laughter had died down he looked up into the rafters. "Thank you, Lord, for this sign! Elijah, tend to the chicken. I want it fried. What the hell is my next line?"

We all died all over again. It was great. I was even part of the spotting team, knew it was coming, and it was still great.

Tornadoboy

I bite
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a couple of pranks I've done, although they are by no means the funniest in the world.

I used to work at a place where the women used to bring in the same Christmas music CD every year, and for about a week prior would play it in a constant loop until it practically left me clawing my own ears out.

One year I decided to reverse the psychological warfare on them when I found a copy of The Chipmonk's Christmas album and a particularly obnoxious Irish drinking songs tape at a thrift shop. I took it to work and I would blast them from the other end of the office every time they played their CD.

Ultimately, I won.

Vengeance was mine!

The other prank I pulled was at the same workplace, which was a huge, 100 year old mill building and was for the most part devoid of people. They would often work at early morning hours, sometimes even at 3 in the morning, and I picked one of these evenings to strike.

I constructed a monster on the end of a 25' pole, which was just high enough to reach their 3rd floor windows from the alley way, and wired an intercom in its head.

I had it appear to sneak around and stare in the windows at them, growling. It took about 10 minutes for someone to notice, and I'll never forget her reaction...

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?"

The last ones I can think of was from when I was about 15 years old or so, and was from the days when phone calls were not easily traced.

I was staying at a friends house and we were up at like 3 or 4 in the morning. And being the obnoxious little bastards we were, we started calling random people out of the phone book and asking "Why are you up so early?" when they answered.

I suspect I am still due an ass-kicking or two for that one.

Last edited:

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
My senior year in high school, we did a production of "The King and I." I was stage manager at the time, and the entire crew found the guy playing the King to be a pompous jerk. Good actor or not, he was an ass. Rude to the crew, which always rankled me.

Right before the death scene, we had about a minute with the curtain closed to set the stage. That meant putting the chaise that the King lays in on stage, with pillows and a blanket, blah blah. Our King would always jump into bed at the last second before the curtain had to open.

Closing night, I cut a holly branch off a tree outside the school and put it beneath the thin sheet that he had to sit on for the entire scene. Being the last second type, King sat down on that thing and had no time to get up and move it, before the scene started. My crew and I about suffocated from laughing silently in the wings. We, naturally, hid right before the curtain went down.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I used to hang out in a neighborhood bar, and every time a new bartender was due to start, we'd think up of ways to make their first night memorable. It was mostly good natured teasing and pranks to make the person feel welcome.

One time, my friends and I were to welcome the newest employee, Shirley.

Before we went in, my buddy said, "We ought to walk in there naked and order a beer."

I thought that was a grand idea and removed my clothes in the entryway. My friends said they'd be right behind me.

I walked through the door wearing only my socks and shoes. The place was deserted except for Shirley, who looked up from a magazine and watched me approach.

I sat on a stool and ordered a beer. If she was surprised, she didn't show it and drew me a cold one. She went back to reading her magazine. The place felt drafty all of a sudden, and my friends were nowhere in sight. It took me a while to realize they had driven off, but thankfully they left my clothes behind.

Tornadoboy

I bite
Registered
Reaction score
I walked through the door wearing only my socks and shoes. The place was deserted except for Shirley, who looked up from a magazine and watched me approach.

I sat on a stool and ordered a beer. If she was surprised, she didn't show it and drew me a cold one. She went back to reading her magazine. The place felt drafty all of a sudden, and my friends were nowhere in sight. It took me a while to realize they had driven off, but thankfully they left my clothes behind.

You're lucky that you weren't arrested for impersonating a politician from Massachusetts. :e2moon:

The Scip

...walks this way.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thescip.blogspot.com
When I was in high school, I think it was my sophomore year, the senior class pulled a great prank. I don't think they came up with the idea becuase I'm pretty sure I had heard of it before. They got 3 chickens (don't ask me how) then spray painted the numers 1, 2 and 4 on them. They got the chickens into school (again don't ask me how) and let them loose. The administrators got them all and then spent who knows how long looking for chicken #3!

I wish I could take credit for that, it is very creative.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Our kids' high school has a prank tradition that's not original, either, but is funny.

Every year they pick a different area high school. They buy fertilizer and grass seed and put their school's name and/or logo on the opposing team's field, really big, with a combination of the two ingredients.

The treatment is invisible, but a month or so later, that's the only part of the grass that's lush and green, and mowing it on game day doesn't disguise the fact.

Maryn, whose high school wasn't that smart

Status
Not open for further replies.