The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Anthology] God Allows U Turns

ZoeJesnik

[Anthology] God Allows U Turns

Good Morning Everyone! About 2 months ago I sent out my very first freelance submission to a listing that I had seen in Writer's Digest for a publication called God Allows U-Turns. Is it normal to not get any response for this entire time? It has been 2 months and I had assumed that I would get a confirmation that it was under consideration or something.

The guidelines stated that it was to be submitted via email. Any advice???

ZoeJesnik@neo.rr.com

www.geocities.com/zoejesnik

Stephenie Hovland

Re: Freelance Submissions

Here's their site, if anyone wants to look into it more: www.godallowsuturns.com/

I've seen ads in lots of places. Maybe they're overwhelmed. It's possible they don't let you know that it has arrived, since it seems to be a big project.

You could send them a follow-up letter or e-mail, to check on its status.

You can include a self-addressed stamped postcard with a checklist such as
    -yes, we have received your manuscript and are reviewing it
    -no, we have no record of your manuscript, please send it again.

Stephenie

sfsassenach

You can re-send with "FOLLOWUP" in the header.

But it's my experience that many places just don't respond.

Betty W01

following up

Ys, do follow up. Allison and her helpers are up to her eyebrows in submissions most of the time and yours may have gotten misplaced, lost in cyberspace, deleted by mistake... who knows? But they do get back to you eventually.

I have a story in the third volume of this series and have been very happy with Allison's level of professionalism and helpfulness. In fact, she's the whle reason I was invited to be part of a local book signing. I was asked to sign aobut a dozen copies of the book my story is in and it was one of the coolest days of my life.

So few anthology projects pay real folding cash - this one does, so keep hanging in there. It'll be worth it if you are chosen for inclusion.

God Allows U-Turns: A Woman's Journey
    "Not Just Any Serviceman", Pgs. 62-64

TravellerRose

Welcome to the writing life, Zoe

I have been accepted for three anthologies - Changes (on Menopause), Haunted Encounters and Simple Pleasures of the Kitchen. Two I submitted to last year, one in January this year.
    All the editors were wonderful, got back to me as soon as they could, but they were inundated with submissions - and I have never had a response from my Chicken Soup submissions (except a formal notice of receipt from Fisherman's Soul) or several others that I have made. The best thing to do is email and ask if they have received it - but don't expect a reply to that either g

Traveller Rose
    Down Under Writer
    www.geocities.com/downunderwriterzine

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar

God Allows U Turns

I wonder if Joe ever heard back from God Allows U Turns.

(Me, I'm kinda waiting around for Chicken Soup for the Vegetarian's Soul to come out...)

Long response times are more common than not, I'm afraid, across the board.
    Last edited by James D. Macdonald; 07-16-2005 at 10:03 PM.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    No GAUT anthologies have been published since 2006, and the blog hasn't been updated since '07.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: