Need a hug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Did you run out to the mailbox today, heart aflutter with anticipation, only to find your own SASE with a rejection letter inside, your own handwriting on the address mocking you? Did a bus speed by through a puddle and splash you and your form letter with mud and slush and ruin your favorite shirt, the one your dear departed grandmother spent days knitting for you?

Are you just having a bad day?

Share your sob story with me.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to spoil your party, but I'm having a great day. I'm looking up US and Canadian book festivals so I can map out a possible tour when my book is published over there. So not even dropping a plate on my big toe - the one with the black nail from when I did it last - is going to deflate my spirits. Nor the fact that the pool has turned a green-pea-soup colour overnight and we have guests arriving in an hour. Nor the fact that I slightly burnt the onion I was sweating down for the cheese and onion roulades. Nor...but it doesn't matter! Everything's going just fine today.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score

I need another hug now.

Sorry to spoil your party, but I'm having a great day. I'm looking up US and Canadian book festivals so I can map out a possible tour when my book is published over there. So not even dropping a plate on my big toe - the one with the black nail from when I did it last - is going to deflate my spirits. Nor the fact that the pool has turned a green-pea-soup colour overnight and we have guests arriving in an hour. Nor the fact that I slightly burnt the onion I was sweating down for the cheese and onion roulades. Nor...but it doesn't matter! Everything's going just fine today.

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2::Hug2: Here's a couple of hugs. My day's not been too bad. I still have two full manuscripts out, but still no word from the agents who're reading. I did receive a nice rejection yesterday. The agent said she loved my book but couldn't figure out where to place it. I sent her a thank you, although I did want to cry, at least a little. Does that count?:cry:

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
How many rejections did you get before you got something that wasn't immediately a rejection? Like a partial or something.

:Hug2::Hug2: Here's a couple of hugs. My day's not been too bad. I still have two full manuscripts out, but still no word from the agents who're reading. I did receive a nice rejection yesterday. The agent said she loved my book but couldn't figure out where to place it. I sent her a thank you, although I did want to cry, at least a little. Does that count?:cry:

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Tomo, I was pretty lucky. I think I got maybe five or six rejections before a request for the first fifty pages. That ended up as a rejection. Then I got five or six more rejections and several more requests for partials. (I must have written a killer query letter). Then the world went dim and nobody wanted to read or liked what they read. This prompted several months of beta reading and rewrites. Then I began submitting again under a new genre title, and I got several requests for partials and four requests for full manuscript. Nothing's come of it all...yet...but one of the full requests came from a phone call from the agent. That was pretty exciting!

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
I just sent out 4 equeries. It took a bit of time since I personalized each letter to the agent after doing some research on them. It might not have been a good idea. Now every time I get an email I pee and have a heart attack.

Tomo, I was pretty lucky. I think I got maybe five or six rejections before a request for the first fifty pages. That ended up as a rejection. Then I got five or six more rejections and several more requests for partials. (I must have written a killer query letter). Then the world went dim and nobody wanted to read or liked what they read. This prompted several months of beta reading and rewrites. Then I began submitting again under a new genre title, and I got several requests for partials and four requests for full manuscript. Nothing's come of it all...yet...but one of the full requests came from a phone call from the agent. That was pretty exciting!

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Just do what I do: wear a diaper and keep those cardio-paddles handy. :D I'm planning to send out two more queries next week, so I'll be joining you then in the Waiting Room to Rejection/Acceptance.

Now every time I get an email I pee and have a heart attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.