The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: A list of (literary) agents I have queried. Anyone familiar with these?

A list of (literary) agents I have queried. Anyone familiar with these?

Getting restless from having no response to my initial 4 queries (after only three weeks), I have mailed off the remaing lot of them. What harm could it do, right? These were all sent via snail mail. But the cost is adding up; I may have to switch over to equeries soon.

Has anyone queried or been represented by any of these agents? Some are listed on querytracker, and some are not, and all names were pulled from the 2008 Writer's Market as agents who do accept unsolicited queries from new or published authors.

Celeste Fine
    Miriam Goderich
    Richard Henshaw
    Joy Harris
    Irene Goodman
    Mike Larsen
    Kathryne Wick
    Harvey Klinger
    Betsy Amster
    Beth Jusino
    Lauren Abramo (Maybe my query will stand out because we have the same first name! u.u *clings to hope.*)
    Brian DeFiore
    Maria Carvainis
    Laura Blake Peterson
    Judy Heiblum
    Gail Hochman
    Olivia Blumer
    Loretta A. Barrett

One Hit Wonder? Kasey Mackenzie's Avatar
    Tomothecat: Please return to the Bewares and Background Check forum and click on the Index to Agents, Editors, and Others. You should be able to scroll through that thread to find links to each individual agent you are asking about. Alternatively, you can use the search function to look for threads regarding each individual agents. If you do not find any individual threads regarding the agent you're interested in, then you can feel free to start a thread for each agent asking for information.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
    Good things come to those who wait...and work their tails off!!!

Coming Soon on Kindle: Reborn in Fire

Thanks. It just seemed easier to list them all in one place since there are so many of them and searching for this many agents would take forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey Mackenzie View Post
    Tomothecat: Please return to the Bewares and Background Check forum and click on the Index to Agents, Editors, and Others. You should be able to scroll through that thread to find links to each individual agent you are asking about. Alternatively, you can use the search function to look for threads regarding each individual agents. If you do not find any individual threads regarding the agent you're interested in, then you can feel free to start a thread for each agent asking for information.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Back in the black, & staying there! Marian Perera's Avatar
    Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomothecat View Post
    Thanks. It just seemed easier to list them all in one place since there are so many of them and searching for this many agents would take forever.
    It takes time to do research into agents, true, but that time and effort is part of getting published.

And believe me, you'll know how long forever feels when your full manuscript is out on submission to editors. That's forever.

figuring it all out
    Hear hear... (here here?)

3 fulls out, and time. crawls.

A number of those agents are listed in the index and involve some good coversation.

I put quite a bit of effort into my research, and making a list of agents I've queried is easier than going through 18 names to see what people have said about them. People can reply if they want; it'd be helpful to me. If it's a big issue or I'm wasting bandwidth, mods feel free to delete this.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Swords View Post
    It takes time to do research into agents, true, but that time and effort is part of getting published.

And believe me, you'll know how long forever feels when your full manuscript is out on submission to editors. That's forever.

Around and About SuperModerator Birol's Avatar
    Where I hang my hat... when I can find my hat.
    Tomothecat, the may have already replied in other threads that were previously started. You shouldn't expect them to do so again just because you didn't want to take the time to look at the index CaoPaux so carefully maintains for everyone's convenience.

Victoria and Jim prefer to maintain separate threads for all agents, editors, and publishers in order to best assist everyone -- current and future -- who might be seeking information.
    Last edited by Birol; 02-26-2008 at 08:29 PM.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    One agent or agency per thread, please. This keeps discussion focused, and makes it easier for writers (and search engines) to find specific information.

Tomothecat, there are threads here about most of the agents on your list. Use the Index thread to look them up, or do a search in the search box. There's often a lot of discussion in the threads, which may answer your questions--if not, you can pose a question in the thread.

If there's no thread on the agent, feel free to start one.

Thanks.

- Victoria
    Last edited by victoriastrauss; 02-26-2008 at 08:31 PM.