Favorite lines you've written

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
from an old short story that I have on my project list to be expanded into a larger story

(they're talking about a party the angels are throwing in Eden this weekend)

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] Michael sighed heavily. "Very well. If you contacted .... Yahweh... and apologized for the millenia of opposition, debased yourself before His Presence, and begged to be returned into His grace, I'm sure He'd be delighted for you to attend. His forgiveness is infinite, even for a prodigal such as you. He might even kill the fatted calf for you," said Michael. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] "Oh, thrilling," said Belial.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
"All the seraphim are going to attend. It promises to be a marvelous celebration."
[/FONT]
"Oh, I bet. Like a rave hosted by the Brady Bunch," said Belial. "Gonna have any booze? Hookers? Hey! I know where we can score some Ecstasy!"
[/FONT]
"Absolutely not!"
[/FONT]
"Pass."
[/FONT]

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
This was from yesterday, and it made me giggle. My MC and his buddy are discussing buddy's big dog (a Mastiff).

“Why’d he knock her down?” It took some doing, but I got a very enthusiastic Duke shoe-horned back inside and managed to shut the doors.

Marty fired up the old diesel engine and backed out of my drive. “She said he was after a squirrel.”

Duke’s breath was hot on the back of my neck as I tried to get settled in the middle seat. “Your dog’s afraid of squirrels, man.” And birds, and mice, and thunder, and his own shadow…

“Maybe he’s growing up on me.”

“Dude, if he gets any bigger, I’m planting a flag on him and claiming him in the name of Spain.”

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
“May I ask...?”
Of course she already has, but they all do that, as if by asking that first it allows them to avoid the subject if it proves awkward for me. I’ve never figured out how that’s supposed to work.

from a secondary WIP

owlion

Absorbing inspiration from the moon
Registered
Reaction score
"I dreamt of a place of blue. Long, flowing material of a teal shade hung limply in the still air, complimenting the royal blue of the the walls and the navy ceiling and floor. Although I did not know how it could be, I saw that the air itself was a pale, misty turquoise that was being pulled into my lungs. I could feel the blue settle within me, like flower petals drifting to the ground on a Summer's day."

Just a minute ago. I just like being surreal XP

Last edited:

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Sarah hung up the phone and wondered if he was alone. She thought about Margarita’s words when she did, because Kyle wasn’t her boyfriend. They went to coffee a few times, but other than that, they were friends. He was ten years older than she, and he was from the other side of the tracks. Besides that, he wasn’t Jewish.
“Then why the fuck am I jealous?” She thought.
From this evening

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
From the new WIP:

She stepped in and shut the door. Twisting the ignition key, she glanced out the window. Choice was standing there, an idiotic grin plastered across his face. He looked pathetic, like a wet stray cat peeking up from the bottom of a cardboard box in front of a Wal-Mart. It wasn’t that he didn’t pass in the looks department; he had that requisite hunky body and a chiseled face, but he had a fourteen-year old mind hardwired into an eighteen-year old body. A real tool. When it came to the relationship pursuit of Jorlene “Jory” Pike, as it had for the last year, Choice sorely lacked in the dignity department. In matters in the art of seduction, he had no more finesse than a tornado hurtling through a trailer park.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
"The problem with searching for the truth, is that when you find it, you want to bury it again" He shrugged. "Why do you think they buried it in the first place?"

My favorite dialogue line today

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you. I like the anger line. I was going to rep you, but this is so much nicer

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
From tonight.

There were a lot of things he wanted from her. None of which were appropriate to speak of at that precise moment, though. She had bigger things on her mind and there'd be time for him later.

Patience was a virtue. And an art. One, that over the years, he'd mastered.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's probably asking himself how upset I'm going to be. I am holding something that would cleave his skull, after all.
The answer to that depends on what my guests want, though I suspect whatever it is I won’t hold it against him. Grudges are pointless. Besides, his wife bakes me cookies.

cookies are good.

Tracey Bentley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tlbentley.blogspot.com
Something about funerals made people hungry, and pie was always a popular choice. Whenever you smelt the fragrant aroma of apple, cherry or rhubarb in town, you knew someone had recently died. It was literally a dead giveaway.

Something from the new WIP.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
“Uh, let me explain…I’m a fucking dead man, do you hear me? I’m a walking, talking, fucking dead man. Do you get that?”

“I wouldn’t worry about it. Our friends have everything taken care of.”

“I disagree.”

“Then disagree, I don’t care. I’m telling you, it’s nothing.”

“I still disagree, but Jim, do me a favor. Make sure my mother has a body to bury when this is over.”
Todays edits

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
From today:

He looked up at the house in front of them and memories from his childhood came rushing forth. Before his dad died. When his mom was still…happy.

When they all were.

When that cabin was the pot of gold at the end of each and every work week. Not the tattered mess it was now; the barely there, almost-asset, threatening to drain his mother's bank account.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My characters have gone to the Middle East, where the future and it's move away from fossil fuels has not been kind to the region:

Reggie shook his head. “No, no. It is always best to travel light in the desert. You have a hard trip ahead of you.”

“In that?” Stefan asked, pointing to the car.

“Do not be so skeptical, my friend. Many things are not what they seem here.” He patted the door frame in what was meant to be a reassuring gesture. A sentiment undermined when the door handle fell off. Reggie stooped nonchalantly and picked it up. “The door does not open anyway. Too much sand. But we will not be traveling by car very far. You cannot get to Oasis by roads.”

owlion

Absorbing inspiration from the moon
Registered
Reaction score
From The Awakened. So much darker than The Dream. Literally XP
However, I was pulled from my terrified thoughts as one of the shadow-like beings stepped slowly forwards, on legs I could not see. It hovered above me, towered over me. It's bright eyes glittering like stars, it spoke. It's voice was not the rasping, grating noise I had expected from their hissing, but flowed into me like a cool liquid, gentle, passive.
Because you can describe sound as liquid O_O

BellaCara

Registered
Reaction score
From my WIP"

I've caught the eye of the waitress, and she smiles at me. I look right through her. Humanity is lost on me, they are nothing more than shapes passing in my peripheral vision.

Last edited: