AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 327 of 327 FirstFirst ... 77227252277302317321322323324325326327
Results 8,151 to 8,155 of 8155

Thread: Favorite lines you've written

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    “The prophecy must be fulfilled, Saga. The Dark Witch will die, yes, but what’s a chosen one without a prophecy? If the Prophecy is fallible, then any old peasant could fulfill it. It makes us less special Saga, and if you haven’t noticed, chosen ones become quite famous."

practical experience, FTW Twick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancon View Post
    the first thought I had seeing the two of them was you couldn't find two more different looking and acting people in one room. Malcolm with his pale color and fancy manner and loud ways, and Lacy with his face and hands the shade and color of the rainy side of a tree and his...
    "color the rainy side of a tree" - what a neat phrase!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    thanks! every now and then we all get lucky.

Roughdragon: ď...whatís a chosen one without a prophecy?"
    DanielSTJ "...nature is alive; we just need to dig for it."
    flowerburgers: I stared at her, trying to imagine myself in her position, how it would feel to lose the world...
    The Otter: Eye contact is too intimate--it's as though we have our hands in each other's guts, feeling around where it's tender and bloody--but I force myself to hold his gaze.
    Yep, love this thread.
    From EFFIN' ALBERT:
    She got other weird stuff in there: a plastic magnifying glass looks like a toy and a Lilly of the Valley sachet packet donít smell no more, measuring tape and strawberry incense, a matchbook from Halftime Bar and a bottle of pills.
    F-l-u-o-x-e-t-i-n-e. What is that?
    I pop the lid and look inside. Green and whites, twenty-five maybe. She ainít sick so whatís she need medicine for? I stare at them pills a long time, then fish one out. Before I change my mind Iím swallowing it down with a glug of Coke which is so stupid.
    Hope it donít kill me.

/kk's blog will return/

practical experience, FTW Twick's Avatar
    Aelfinn reflects on the girl he fell in love with:

Of course, she could be in Deepstream by then, helping the people devastated by the war. Probably spending her evenings dancing with the son of Lathel Blaekhammr. She’ll smile as they dance and giggle at his jests. He’ll speak to her with that soft voice meant only for her and in those moments the world will be theirs.

Page 327 of 327 FirstFirst ... 77227252277302317321322323324325326327