Status
Not open for further replies.

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, OL!!! :partyguy:

And Filigree :hooray:That's wonderful!

Taylor, I took a ganders, but didn't dare leave a comment. Some of those commentators are scary! Washingonienne, according to the results, I think we voted the same. I went with one, but think it might be better with a lake. Taylor, the story sounds like a lot of fun! :D

I voted for Option 2! THe tool belt is a good touch! :D

Hot half-naked guy. Tool belt. Where's Peggy?

taylormillgirl

Hopeless Romantic
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much, guys. My editor sent me an updated cover based on the feedback in the comments section, and it's gorgeous. I love it. Fingers crossed that the powers that be think it's a good fit, and I get to keep it. :)

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
"Hot half-naked guy. Tool belt. Where's Peggy?"

Hahahahaha. Thanks for thinking of me, Rosie!

moonfairee

Registered
Reaction score
OL, congrats on the awesome announcement!!!!!!! And thanks for the heads up on "S-Word" looking like "Sword". Maybe an extra dash will fix it up.

Filigree, congrats on the contract!!!!

Taylor, I voted as well. I can't wait to see the final cover!!!!!

AmyJay

Registered
Reaction score
OL, congrats! :e2woo:

And congrats to Filigree! :snoopy:

(Good news is a good excuse to break out the smileys. :D)

Moonfairee, the new website looks great! Makes me want to set up my own... except I would have no idea what to put on it, haha.

TMG, I voted in the poll too (option 2). Good luck with the final cover!

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I can give you the details I have. Out of seven e-pubs I queried in early February for a raunchy m/m space opera romance, two danced around an offer. Both looked great. I did what many e-pub writers are told not to do, and contacted an agent.

An amazing, high-powered, very exclusive agent with decades of experience in romance and sf&f, who is normally not open to public queries. I basically said "I know you don't really rep m/m, and that you may not have a relationship with these publishers. I'm in a bind because of a very rare, very tricky situation that is entirely my creative fault, and I'm willing to pay an expert 15% to help navigate through it all. It won't be easy money. Feel free to drop me, if this is too crazy. Frankly, I'm hoping you eventually fall in love with my mainstream fantasy writing, and you might be my agent for real. But for now, I need help with this project."

A month later, I'm signing paper copies of my contract with Loose ID, one of my dream e-publishers. Next week or so, I embark on edits, which are going to be brutal and necessary. Not bad for a book I started in March of 2011, after realizing I didn't want to edit other people's smut - I wanted to write my own.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
sounds awesome Filigree! Congrats. Good on finding an agent, too. Sounds like you have a nice set up.

taylormillgirl

Hopeless Romantic
Registered
Reaction score
I can give you the details I have. Out of seven e-pubs I queried in early February for a raunchy m/m space opera romance, two danced around an offer. Both looked great. I did what many e-pub writers are told not to do, and contacted an agent.

An amazing, high-powered, very exclusive agent with decades of experience in romance and sf&f, who is normally not open to public queries. I basically said "I know you don't really rep m/m, and that you may not have a relationship with these publishers. I'm in a bind because of a very rare, very tricky situation that is entirely my creative fault, and I'm willing to pay an expert 15% to help navigate through it all. It won't be easy money. Feel free to drop me, if this is too crazy. Frankly, I'm hoping you eventually fall in love with my mainstream fantasy writing, and you might be my agent for real. But for now, I need help with this project."

A month later, I'm signing paper copies of my contract with Loose ID, one of my dream e-publishers. Next week or so, I embark on edits, which are going to be brutal and necessary. Not bad for a book I started in March of 2011, after realizing I didn't want to edit other people's smut - I wanted to write my own.

Rock on!!! I LOVE hearing stuff like this, because I'm always telling my writer friends, "You can't win if you don't play." You weren't afraid to ask for what you wanted, and you got it. Congrats again!

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Filigree...

congratulationsredblue.gif

This is all kinds of awesome!

MadDabbler

Clearly confused and adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisetompkins.net
(peeks in) I've received an R&R from my dream editor today. An. R. And. R. She loves my voice, writing, style, story -- just wants some clarification. Please pray I'm capable of doing it. Please? (runs off to search for a rabbit to pull out of a hat)

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
You absolutely can do it, Mad! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.