Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Congrats, Solunar. Acceptances are great for what ails you.

I'm expecting a big pile of Big Six rejects since agent has three books out on the active trail. Just a few here and a few there for each book, and not a tidal wave. Nevertheless, it will probably rock my socks off when she next gives me the full report. The only thing keeping a smile on my face is great Amazon rankings, and I'm in some type of special hell because I can't stop from visiting that damn page every hour or so. How pitiful.

Tri

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Tri, I so hear you! I wasn't even aware of Amazon ratings until a couple of weeks ago and I swear, I am now a complete addict. (Like I needed another addiction, now that I'm on Twitter.)

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Oh, Tri, I so hear you! I wasn't even aware of Amazon ratings until a couple of weeks ago and I swear, I am now a complete addict. (Like I needed another addiction, now that I'm on Twitter.)

Oh, so true. I've become a shameless self-promoter, just trying to keep myself in the top 100--am totally obsessed with it, sapping me of writing time and all other necessary and much more worthwhile pursuits. I've got a short story that's cursing at me for "The End."

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
{{{{Snappy}}}} So sorry. :-( But yes, I think the fact that there's no consensus is a good sign that it's subjective and you'll find the *right* editor soon!

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
{{{{Snappy}}}} So sorry. :-( But yes, I think the fact that there's no consensus is a good sign that it's subjective and you'll find the *right* editor soon!

Thanks. Agent was very positive, and said not to worry, she still believes strongly in the book, and will find me an editor. :) Nice to have her in my corner. Trying not to let it sting.

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
((((Snappy))))
I'm feeling for you. But, yeah, it is nice to have an agent on your side.
Did you get any feedback on the new book?

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
((((Snappy))))
I'm feeling for you. But, yeah, it is nice to have an agent on your side.
Did you get any feedback on the new book?

Nada yet, but nudged about it today. She said she'll have feedback for me by the weekend at the latest. *gulp*

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com

Peggy, have you found AuthorCentral yet? BWHAHAHAHA!!!!

((((Snappy))))) ((((S22)))))

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Just found it. I'll pass -- I have enough websites and blogs to keep me busy for years :).

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
But it's got waayyyy better sales information than the ratings alone. Like how many books you sell and where you are selling them. Not sure how it is for Canada though. But it's basically Bookscan information.

Solunar

Treading the Borderland
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Snappy! Hope you feel better. Maybe it just didn't suit their taste which might be why they didn't say anything constructive, and it was all positive.

Thanks rosiecotton!

Definitely triceretops. Thanks for the congrats!

A bit scary to look at the contract now. Tried to sort out being verified by paypal today, but the atm I went to doesn't show transaction history. D'oh.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Dgrin, yay! Congrats! :D

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Finally heard back from my agent. She read the manuscript with the edits I spent three months on.

Didn't like it, won't shop it. I should find someone else.

My betas liked this version way better than the old. *I* think it's a vast improvement on the old. I think my agent did one round of submissions on what she thought would be a quick sell, it didn't go so now she wants to give up.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
Finally heard back from my agent. She read the manuscript with the edits I spent three months on.

Didn't like it, won't shop it. I should find someone else.

My betas liked this version way better than the old. *I* think it's a vast improvement on the old. I think my agent did one round of submissions on what she thought would be a quick sell, it didn't go so now she wants to give up.

((((Drachen))))

This stinks, but honestly, if she gave up after only one round of submission, it sounds like she isn't the right agent for your work.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
((((Drachen))))

This stinks, but honestly, if she gave up after only one round of submission, it sounds like she isn't the right agent for your work.

{{{Drachen}}}

You deserve an agent who'll rep you for your career. Not a one-and-done. *sends booze and chocolate*

Noompsy

Ow
Registered
Reaction score
Drachen,
GUH!!!!!! That is a crap sandwich. I just baked up some chocolate monster cookies. If there were a way to shove one into the computer to give you some sweet support I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.