Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
YAY Tracy! That's awesome. :D

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! Tomorrow I may be crying at how much work I have to do, but today I'm just really grateful for the opportunity. :)

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
OL: an Eric Ambler comparison! Well done! (You too, I2S!)
Tri: that's a good breakdown. Me, I guess I get depressed because I'm too binary about the rejection process: All I see is Yes/No, Perfect/Sucks.

Mario, I'm just bored to death, trying to interpret something that is impossible to solve, categorize or confirm. Yes, the true breakdown = a yes or a no. No real in betweens, unless it's a R&R (and I've never had one of those).

But...Tracy, that is indeed good news and a positive thrust for you. You'll nail it, no prob.

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

st22

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Tracy!!!!

Peggy, I saw the website for your new series, it's fantastic! Did Penguin do that for you or did you have to do it yourself?

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is so exciting! Good luck on the R&R. I'm sure you'll nail it!

Em!!!!!!!!!! Very exciting!!!!!!

((((((((((((Lily)))))))))))) (yep, a huge hug).
I'm sure you'll get a yes very very soon.
Right now I'm nearing the end of F0rc3 0f H@bit - the reason I only started it this week is because a friend of mine died suddenly and I just couldn't read or write anything for two weeks.
But, I have to say that I'm LOVING it! You are such a talented writer (drew me in right away) and so damn funny (I've cracked up laughing several times)! I keep picturing you as Giuli@, btw ;)
Anyway, I just wanted you to know this while you're waiting. :)

As for me - silence. I've gone through various ups and downs about this but I'm mostly keeping positive vibes and have started working on another book, so it helps.

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
st22, thanks! Penguin did the www.inspectorramirez.com and I did www.peggyblair.com The same folks who did the book trailer (see my links) did the Penguin mini-site. So glad you like it!

Book launch was in Ottawa tonight; jam-packed and the bookstore that sold books sold out of them. Great Cuban food, Cuban music and art. Really turned out to be a wonderful party!

Solunar

Treading the Borderland
Registered
Reaction score
I got a rejection. :( My first submission and first rejection. It was a form rejection, so there was no reason, but I think I know why. Sigh.

Would anyone like to share what they did after their first rejection? So maybe I can learn and get over this?

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Swore. Waited for my heart to crawl back up out of my toes. Sent out another Q.

However: You say you know the reason for the form R. If it's that you subbed to someone/someplace that doesn't take your genre, then that's one thing. But if you found a giant plot flaw that you should've fixed before querying, definitely fix it before sending out more Qs.

Also: Chocolate. :)

Solunar

Treading the Borderland
Registered
Reaction score
They take my genre, and I don't think there was a plot hole. At least, I can't really see it.

It was more like... Well, I write in romance. I think my main character was too flawed and... I wrote it in the man's/pursuer's point of view. And.. I think my ending was too rushed. Usually romance is in the person being pursued's pov. It also didn't have a Happily Ever After.

I think I said a "damn" and yeah, chocolate sounds really good now. Sigh. I don't think I will query this again. Not sure. :(

Did you tell your family members or friends about rejection?

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
You subbed the whole book? Sorry, I thought you meant you got a query R. I know next to nothing about romance, so I can't help you there. :( Sorry.

I told my husband about some of my process, but I didn't get into hard numbers. I've found that non-writers just don't understand the craziness of it all.

Solunar

Treading the Borderland
Registered
Reaction score
Wasn't precisely a book, I think. About 12k, so short story? No problem about not writing romance. Feeling a little better that I'm not alone, as bad as that sounds.. :p (I mean, in a perfect world, no one would get rejections...?)

Lol, yeah, I think non-writers don't know how much effort is really put into it. When I say I wrote 1k today, they go "oh". They're only impressed with big numbers like a few k, even though sometimes writing that 1k is a lot harder since the words have to be torn out on a slow day.

Sigh.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Solunar))) I am there with you. Got an editor rejection today on subbed book. *sigh*

Solunar

Treading the Borderland
Registered
Reaction score
*hugs Snappy* It hurts, doesn't it?

I've made a promise to myself to write again tomorrow. Use the pain for writing material. Even if I write just a hundred words, that's a hundred words closer to acceptance.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
That's a great attitude Solunar. My writing has been slooow lately. Still trying to get back into the routine.

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Solunar,

Are you still querying agents? If so, you might find the Rejection and Dejection thread a good spot to hang out; that's where most of us started out as well.

Good luck with it! Believe me, they only sting at first; once they piled up, it does get easier and a whole lot less personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.