The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Tea

Gone to pee - don't touch my glass!
Registered
Reaction score
YAY - another 6409 words done - edited - redone...
must rewrite first chapter, then off to Mr. Agent Man, it goes. Dear Writing Gods, please let him fall madly and deeply in lust with the new pages and revisions.

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Sweet Tea!

This weekend I dove into my revisions...cut three chapters, added one chapter, picked apart every sentence...and still somehow only ended up 1k shorter than the earlier version. There's still so much to do (that was all in the first five chapters!) but I am so, SO excited about the new direction, I don't even care. I didn't do much writing all summer and it feels amazing to get back into it. And, if it's possible, these revisions are making me love this ms even more. :)

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
YAY - another 6409 words done - edited - redone...
must rewrite first chapter, then off to Mr. Agent Man, it goes. Dear Writing Gods, please let him fall madly and deeply in lust with the new pages and revisions.
Write, ST, write!

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
By the way, hellions, did you see any of Julie and Julia on t.v. last night? It was my first viewing. The Julia part was a very nifty writer's story. Julia Child struggled for years to write and publish her ground-breaking, unique, wonderful cookbook. She stumbled at times -- proposed an unwieldy encyclopedia, had problematic partners, got rejected when her hopes were highest -- but she loved her project and kept faith. And she had a very supportive life partner.

It happens! Lean on your loved ones, keep the faith, and work on your craft.

Did I mention she also did it all on a manual typewriter?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
My mind still boggles at the thought of writing a complete anything on a typewriter, Miss Plum. :)

cate townsend

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone...(back from short hiatus of too much work and traveling). It's nice to come back to all this good news. Good for you, Tracy, for falling in love with your MS again and excited about the changes. I know the feeling! And good luck, Sweet Tea, with the revisions.

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Tracy and Sweet Tea!

Miss Plum -- the part of Julie and Julia that stuck with me was when (spoiler alert!) Julie had a bazillion messages on her answering machine -- all editors calling to ask her to write a book.

I was in query hell back when I first saw the movie, and was floored by that part.

Em

Sweet Tea

Gone to pee - don't touch my glass!
Registered
Reaction score
Miss Plum -- the part of Julie and Julia that stuck with me was when (spoiler alert!) Julie had a bazillion messages on her answering machine -- all editors calling to ask her to write a book.

I was in query hell back when I first saw the movie, and was floored by that part.

It must be the writer in us - I got the quivers at that part of the movie...

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Another holiday weekend = more waiting. :(

Funny, that most folk are ecstatic for holidays. But writers on submission? All we hear is that clock ticking even more slowly, knowing the crickets have just multiplied.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
It's nearly winter here, Chelsea. What will I listen to when the crickets freeze??? :)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
The moose frolicking in the woods?

Over here, we listen to the dubious music of snowblowers. It plays in a continuous loop from November through April. :rolleyes:

Crashing, more than frolicking. :D

We put in a fence this summer, so I will no longer be scared out of my wits by moose staring in the window while I'm writing late at night.

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
It's nearly winter here, Chelsea. What will I listen to when the crickets freeze??? :)

LOL! Hey, maybe that's my problem. Here in the Deep South, the crickets never freeze (nor does anything else - we've had record temps of 106, 107, 108 for the past month. Our "cool front" today is a balmy 95. :Sun:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
My book is going out on the next round of subs this week and I swear, I'm more nervous now than ever. Crazy, crazy stuff!

Fingers crossed for you! Did you hear back from all editors in round one, or is just time to move onward and upward?

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Nope, not all of them, but it is time. :)

Same here! I'm still waiting on about three responses from the other 2 rounds, but Super Agent says it's "time," and is sending Round 3 next week. Ack! Fingers and toes all crossed...

Last edited:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I believe we're still waiting on two from round one as well. I suppose that's normal. *squints at calendar*

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man, I totally forgot that we were going to do spezna cocktails. Anyone still up for a virtual spezna night?

Cloud Eight

Registered
Reaction score
Luck to all on the latest rounds!

Peggy--I too forgot. Yep, we should reschedule. In fact, I could use a spezna right about now.
ETA: I saw you on forensics4fiction. Cool site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.