The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
HC, that is seriously sweet!!!

Good luck on a great editor fit, raburrell!

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
What did I miss? Everything!

So, yay for everybody! Yay for YAWriter's revisions, Lisa's accepted edits, Peggy's blog award, HC's galleys (your avatar is so sweet, yay!) all the way back to Suzan's good news!

Hooray for Hell! (wait -- did I really just write that?)

As for me, leave it to me to hand in my next novel just before my agent leaves on a trip!

Usually the wait isn't so hard, but waiting to hear back on two major things (one continuing sub, and now the new ms) is driving me slightly mad.

So, of course I'm writing the next one, winks. It's saving me from complete insanity!

Wishing good news for everyone, always.

Em

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
I think we have to rename you "spunky", Happy! Great blurb!!!!

Cloud Eight

Registered
Reaction score
Good to see you back, Horseback. Wow, intense waiting.

Question for those of you with websites: I'm just looking into it and have zeroed in on three possible web hosting sites: bluehost, iPage, and Fat Cow.

Anybody know anything about any of them? Thanks.

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the blurb love, hellions!!! (BTW, my pub's doing a giveaway promo over at Goodr3ads in case you're interested in a free copy :))

Got a nice note from my agent today - only one pass so far in all she's sent out (for the rest, am taking a 'no news is no news' approach), and one in particular that sounded really promising from her notes - this editor really could be perfect if she happens to like the book :)

Fingers crossed for you!!!

Thanks for the response -- I actually edited out my question and PM'ed you instead, not knowing if it was bad manners for me to ask that question, lol. I didn't wanna be obnoxious. I'm still learnin', y'all. ;-)

No worries. That's why we're here. :)

As for me, leave it to me to hand in my next novel just before my agent leaves on a trip!

Usually the wait isn't so hard, but waiting to hear back on two major things (one continuing sub, and now the new ms) is driving me slightly mad.

So, of course I'm writing the next one, winks. It's saving me from complete insanity!

Wishing good news for everyone, always.

Em

I'm sure your agent will love it! :) (You're writing the NEXT one already?? :Hail:)

I think we have to rename you "spunky", Happy! Great blurb!!!!

Haha! Works for me! :)

soopykun

Registered
Reaction score
I miss a couple of weeks, and so much has happened! A lot of it good, so congrats to all!! :D

Not really but kind of sort of avoiding AW right now..only because it makes me think of how I'm still waiting to hear from my agent. I'm in PARIS on vacation and wondering if he's heard back from any editors. Sad, isn't it??

Maybe the Bologna fair really did set things back a bit, and in that case no news is good news, right?

Miss this board too much, had to pop in and say hello. Now I must go and wolf down some croissants. Maybe all the fat and sugar will help with the nerves!

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
How can you possibly be sad in Paris? Get out there, Soop, and get yourself a great bottle of Bordeaux, some cheese, a baguette and forget about stupid rejections -- you're in PARIS!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Paris?! *stomps down envy*

How can you possibly be sad in Paris? Get out there, Soop, and get yourself a great bottle of Bordeaux, some cheese, a baguette and forget about stupid rejections -- you're in PARIS!

This. Now.

Take a picture!

Suzan

Living the Dream...
Registered
Reaction score
Just for fun: A peek into my writer's nook. New blog. Stop in and say hello!

I have news! The contract is signed and I have my novel's official release date. My novel sold to the second publisher to read it. I know that sound pretty remarkable, but mind you, it took me six months on sub to get those two reads. It's like rolling the dice in Vegas–you just never know : )

Congrats everyone on the great news that keeps trickling in, and for those of you hellion's still "in waiting," hang in there, and keep your nose to the keyboard.

http://suzanstirling.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Great blog, Suzan! I really like the layout!

And CONGRATS on your good news - that's fantastic!

Last edited:

Suzan

Living the Dream...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much, Everybody! Loved reading these comments this morning!

:snoopy: Suzan, your novel sounds wonderful!! Many congratulations to you!

Thanks raburrell,
It's a story that will touch a lot of hearts and I cannot wait to share it. Let's see ... 319 days till book release day. Not that I'm counting : )

Spring is in the air, so that means good things will happen in Hell!!!

Agree.

Question for those of you with websites: I'm just looking into it and have zeroed in on three possible web hosting sites: bluehost, iPage, and Fat Cow.

Anybody know anything about any of them? Thanks.

I'm not familiar with any of those web hosting sites, but you may want to check out H@mestead also. My web building skills are limited (to say the least) and I've found it really easy to navigate and update. Inexpensive start-up, but costs more to upgrade. Watch for that.

Well, your website sure looks good, Lily.

I'll check out GoDaddy too.

Great website, Lily. You have an amazing personal story as well. Ever thought of a memoir? I know they can be tough. I initially started out to write my true story about adoption and raising kids with HIV, but midway through, found that I wasn't quite ready...the story was still evolving. That's when I got serious about writing a novel. Fiction, for me, is fun and comes easily. Still, the memoir is important and I'd like to pick it back up one day. We shall see...

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Thanks, Suzan. No, I don't do NF. The last time I read an ex-nun memoir, I got wicked flashbacks. :rolleyes: My MC goes undercover in a convent in Book 2, and I needed to remember all kinds of stuff I'd tried to forget, to make the book realistic. That's as NF as I'm planning to get. :)

Small world moment--my Day Job is in HIV research. *hugs* to you and your kids. You rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.