Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Amazing news, guys!

*rubs heads of lucky hellions for good mojo*

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow's my big day to find out what's happening. Agent says there's lots of stuff going on, but she's been away, so I won't find out until tomorrow. On sub to a number of publishers in Canada, UK and elsewhere. Let's hope the thaw in Hell extends all the way to Ontario!

Everything crossed for you, Peggy. So exciting!

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
wow - i havent been in here in a few days and it's exploding with good news. good luck and congrats all around! whoo hoo for hellions!:)

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Mr. A's emailed. We've got a bite!!!!!!!! :e2thud:
*Meg Ryan voice* Yes, yes, ohmigod, YES!

At long (loooong!) last my agent gave the go-ahead to publicly announce my good news! My debut epic fantasy novel The Whitef1re Cr0ssing sold along with a sequel to N1ght Sh@de Books; first book to be released Fall 2011 and the sequel a year later.
Whoa, multiple orgasms.

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Good news. Can't give you the details until later this week, but I'm super excited!

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Peggy! It was only a matter of time before the anglophones caught up to the rest of the world!!!!

Cloud Eight

Registered
Reaction score
GREAT news, Peggy! Is the news in English?
icon7.gif

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Wait, I can't keep track! Coloradogirl, you were Blue Rose before, right? And...Rosie Cotton? And...Peggy Blair?

Well, heck, a hearty congratulations to all of you!!!

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, I am apparently not riding the good news train. Big ol' R for me today. :-(

I made the mistake of really building this one up in my mind, so it was a particularly hard fall. BUT...gotta keep moving forward. Looking into doing some revisions before the next round, and resigning myself to the fact that no matter when we sub next, I won't hear anything before next year. That's the hardest part...knowing that I just waited almost two months to hear something, and now I have to turn around and do the whole thing again. UGH. These are the days when I hate my job.

I'm sure tomorrow will be better. :)

Anyway, sorry to bring the party down. I am genuinely excited for all of you with good news. You guys give me hope.

Kendare Blake

Committed lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kendareblake.com
Great news, Coloradogirl! I love the titles. Looks like we'll be release season mates.

Can't wait for your official announcement, Peggy! English language deal, yes?

And Rosie a bite already! Very good sign.

Tracy, you're extremely resilient. Always hard-working, looking toward the next step. Sorry about that R.

MadDabbler

Clearly confused and adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisetompkins.net
(((tracythewriter))) I am so sorry it was an R. I know how hard it is when you want something so very much. And now to have to wait again? Boo. But you are right: gotta keep moving forward. PM me if you need to chat or rage, ok? Still cheering for you from the sidelines,
Mad

Cloud Eight

Registered
Reaction score
Aw Tracy, that's a rough one. No R is nice, but one that came from a sub that looked promising is really not nice. Hugs.

Our Hell is for good news and bad news and everything in between.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about that, Tracy. If it's any consolation, I haven't heard a word from anyone since Sept. 30. 8 editors still had it at that time. Maybe they all died in a suicide pact, and took my agent with them.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
(((Tracy))) Some Rs are harder than others -- the "dream editors" who aren't dreaming about us.

Lkp, no news is no fun. It's like your manuscript is falling in the forest with no editors to hear it. Maybe some friendly dwarves or a passing wolf pack will adopt it.

houndrat

Pulsating Whatnots Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.houndrat.com
YAYYYYYYYYY PEGGY!!! Congrats, and can't wait to hear it!

(((Tracey))) Ugh, that stinks! But you've got the right mindset. The waiting is hard, though!!

In other news...some of you know this already,but I've had some interest, too. It's the kind that involves revising first and no guarantees, though, so we'll see what happens. I'm really excited about the revisions tho and I think my book is going to turn out way better for them, so I'm looking at it as a win/win.

Status
Not open for further replies.