The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
{{{Sweet Tea}}} So sorry. That bites. But you're getting so close! It will happen!!!!

Cloud Eight

Registered
Reaction score
Aw damn, Sweet Tea. So sorry. But here's hoping one of the others pans out.

Jamie, my books are adult so I want my tequila!

HorsebackWriter: glad to have you sprinkling that optimism about.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I've been swamped, so my AW time has been scarce...catching up with the Hellions now...

Hi HC - yay for copy edits almost being done!

Welcome, HorsebackWriter. Good luck for being on sub, and I hope you enjoy the ride.

Tracy - what a cool thought. :)

For all with mss almost ready to go out, and wips and synopsis with agents, yay! And yay for enthusiastic agent excitement!

Boo on the passes that have come in - Especially for Sweat Tea - I got one of those editor loved it but the higher ups didn't greenlight it, right before I got my offer. Hugs, and stay hopeful!

I heard from my editor yesterday - the first major revision was a hit. One issue to resolve, but we will do it at the same time as the line edits. So...

all those on sub, hang in there, and keep the faith. :)

~suki

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
(((((Sweet Tea)))) Whatever you're drinking, I'm buying! On, and up, babe! :Hug2:

:)rant:-- Rosie giving Snuffity Senior Editor a piece of free advice.)

Sweet Tea

Gone to pee - don't touch my glass!
Registered
Reaction score
I love you guys (sniff, sniff).

Thanks for the hugs and virtual drinks (sniff, sniff).

I hang on to the thought that I came sooooo close, that surely the right publisher will come through for me and soon (sniff, sniff).

Maybe it will make me feel a little better if I go kill off one of my main characters in my NaNo project - yeah, that's the ticket.

Hugs,
ST (aka Tina)

houndrat

Pulsating Whatnots Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.houndrat.com
(((Sweet Tea))) Ugh, that's such a hard blow....soooo close! But I do think it means you are very close to finding the right editor! And, definitely kill off a character in your NaNo book! ;)

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Got the bad news email today - the editor I had the conference call with has passed on my book. Apparently she loved it, but her senior editor, not so much.

. . .
Maybe it will make me feel a little better if I go kill off one of my main characters in my NaNo project - yeah, that's the ticket.

Maybe you could make that condemned character a senior editor.

I heard from my editor yesterday - the first major revision was a hit. One issue to resolve, but we will do it at the same time as the line edits.

~suki

Great! Inching towards success . . .

Sweet Tea

Gone to pee - don't touch my glass!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Miss Plum! I owe you BIG TIME - because I now know what my soon-to-be-knocked-off-in-the-most-brutal-of-ways character does (did) for a living! Muwahahahhaha.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
{Sweet Tea} That sucks. So, so sorry.:( Booze, chocolate, hugs and murdered characters on a platter.

Kendare Blake

Committed lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kendareblake.com
No, Sweet Tea! Dammit. But if one loved it, more will too. You've obviously got a very strong property on your hands. Like Suki, I had a few editors hit roadblocks with higher ups. And then one who didn't. You're on the verge! Hang tight.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
Sweet Tea *hugs*. Hopefully killing off that character in your NaNo novel will make you feel better :)

YAwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! The official PM announcement isn't up yet but I just wanted to share some good news! As of yesterday my debut novel Dust is going to be published in the spring of 2012!!

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
YAY!!!! CONRGATS YA!!! WHOO HOO FOR GOOD NEWS IN HELL!:)

JamieB

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieblair.blogspot.com
JamieB --

I'd so DM you if I knew!

The agent went on to say she'd thought to herself, "I have a manuscript just like that right now," thinking of mine.

But, I didn't sign with that agent. However, it was a ray of sunshine for contemporaries.

I have everything crossed for you and your work. Hopefully I don't annoy anyone here with my perpetual positivity, but I do believe "If not this book, then the next."

That's how I'm thinking of my own ms soon to go out on sub. I'm always working on the next ms, to make fresh chances.

There're a lot of things out of our hands. Except for the writing, literally, so tap, tap tapping ...

I believe, if we keep writing, it'll happen, eventually. I think of it like, if I decided to walk to the Pacific ocean, pointed myself in the right direction, and kept taking steps, most likely I'd eventually hear waves crashing and be shaking sand from my shoes.

That's my philosophy of submission sanity, anyway. It gives each singular book less of a stranglehold over my life.

Em

:Hug2: Positivity is a must! Some days it hard to come by, but you're right - if it's not this one, there's always the next!

And it's FRIDAY! Happy Friday to all of you hellions!

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Shari! What fantastic news! Can you rep the publisher? I'm so excited for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.