The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Crap!!! I keep checking!!! It's so fun seeing deals of the peeps you "know", lol.

I know, the trickle posting of deals is killing me...but just know, even if other YAs go up, I'll post when my deal is up. :)

And sorry about making things all (me, me, me) today.

ETA: And how appropriate that *this* post, in which I whine about waiting and apologize for making it all about me, is my 4,000th post.

~suki

Last edited:

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
I know, the trickle posting of deals is killing me...but just know, even if other YAs go up, I'll post when my deal is up. :)

And sorry about making things all (me, me, me) today.

ETA: And how appropriate that *this* post, in which I whine about waiting and apologize for making it all about me, is my 4,000th post.

~suki

HAHA, no you deserve to have an "All about Me" day. You've been at this awhile so go for it!!!

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HAHA, no you deserve to have an "All about Me" day. You've been at this awhile so go for it!!!

Yeah, well, it looks at this point like it'll be tomorrow. And I scraped up the car this morning. So all around, been a crappy day.

So...we can do this again tomorrow, hopefully without the vehicular issues.

~suki

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Suki - patience, little grasshopper. Champagne and cheese platter are on standby. :) (I had to wait two months for my PM announcement - I feel your pain.)

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Well, speaking of waiting....I could either have really good news this time next week or epically, horrific, sad, news.

Sighs....

I call it "bookgate"...I'm also experiencing "jobgate". Long story short, after my principal threw up my writing to me during post-planning, I decided to leave that school. There's other things....mainly that he's ...er, anyway, so if I don't get the other teaching posiiton I interviewed for, I'm leaving teaching. I've got options with subbing and doing freelance work, so I'll be fine financially. It's just scary to leave something you've been doing for nine years.

So, between the two, I'm about to have a stroke, lol.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Suki - patience, little grasshopper. Champagne and cheese platter are on standby. :) (I had to wait two months for my PM announcement - I feel your pain.)

Yes, you're right. And people keep telling me this should teach me patience. Sure. ;)

Well, speaking of waiting....I could either have really good news this time next week or epically, horrific, sad, news.

Sighs....

I call it "bookgate"...I'm also experiencing "jobgate". Long story short, after my principal threw up my writing to me during post-planning, I decided to leave that school. There's other things....mainly that he's ...er, anyway, so if I don't get the other teaching posiiton I interviewed for, I'm leaving teaching. I've got options with subbing and doing freelance work, so I'll be fine financially. It's just scary to leave something you've been doing for nine years.

So, between the two, I'm about to have a stroke, lol.

Wow, Juneluv, a lot of upheaval. Hugs and good wishes for the best outcome for you. :)

~suki

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
(((June)))

Being okay financially, though, is huge. So maybe the change is a good thing? :)

Suki--can hardly wait! Just a little longer....

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
{{June}} So sorry to hear your news. It seems crappy things come in threes. I just went through a major 'crappy things please God why won't this end?' issue erm...I guess I should say series of issues. Anyway I left my job recently (SOOooo many crappy things happening there!) but I found a new job and am so very much happier. Don't kill me for the cliche but you will pull through.

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Thanks guys!! I huggles you all for the positive thoughts!!!

I mean, it' had been a pretty shittastic year anyway, but I would've have shoved off had what happened the LAST day of post planning happened. I'm one year away from 10yrs(yes, I was baby when I started teaching...okay, maybe barely 22, lol), so the 10th year is big for being vested and all, so if I don't get it this year, I'll go back for another one.

I mean, I've known about Jobgate all summer....Bookgate happened while I was in DC, lol. Nothing like talking to your agent while huddled under a tree at the Vietnam Memorial, lol.

That's the tough part....it could all finally be working out or poof, it's back to the waiting game.

And worrying about both book news and job news could make me have a stroke, lol.

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
{{June}} So sorry to hear your news. It seems crappy things come in threes. I just went through a major 'crappy things please God why won't this end?' issue erm...I guess I should say series of issues. Anyway I left my job recently (SOOooo many crappy things happening there!) but I found a new job and am so very much happier. Don't kill me for the cliche but you will pull through.

Aw, thanks!! And I'm so glad to hear things are better for you and that you're happier!!! And no, I know it isn't a cliche, and it's totally a God thing and I've gotten my answer that it will all be okay. Yes, that doesn't stop me from worrying continuously, lol, but I know it's all for the best what's happening...even getting treated epically shitty to give me the boost out the door, lol.

Mel A.

settling in with my red pen . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, June. Big stuff goin' on, eh? Sorry you got treated so poorly, but I'm with Cricket: change can be a really, really good thing. And as long as you can pay the bills with subbing and such, maybe this is all to give you the ability to devote more energy to writing.

And the possibility of good news for you on the book next week? I can't wait to hear! Sending lots of positive vibes your way! :)

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing like the possibility of good news missed in with epic upheavals. My fngers are crossed for you, June! A book sale would sure make any job changes go down easy -- well, easier.

(((June)))

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
Hope everything works out June! Sometimes these things bring great changes!

I am trying to keep from bouncing out of my chair. I had the most epic idea this morning, like OMG awesome, and the entire story plopped into my lap on the drive to work. This has never happened before, I usually get bits and pieces thrown at me at random times. I emailed agent first thing with a mini blurb and she got back to me with an "OMG I love everything about it. Do it!"

AND my new CP went over the book I rewrote and with one suggestion, made it all come together. I am freakin excited as hell to get back into it so I can get this new plot weaved in. And best of all, I don't have to rewrite the entire book yet again! LOL I'm aiming to have it all done before I go on vacation Thursday.

And to think this AM I was wallowing i self-pity! Man!

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
YA - sounds awesome!

Last edited:

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
June, hugs to you, but echoing what everyone else said -- change can be fantastic, especially if it doesn't come with gut-wrenching financial insecurity. If you are okay with money, then I'm going to sit in my corner and cheer on your changes!

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Suki! Glad to know where you're ending up. Candlewick has always been my favorite for their exquisite taste -- this is confirmation!

Yay for inspiration, YA!

Status
Not open for further replies.