Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
{Tracy} so many hugs to you.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, a new record (no, not an agent response post).

I just got a rejection from a small pub for my trunked, adult historical novel. I sent it to them 18 months ago!

I'm kind of glad because it was a rambling mess.

Closing in on 30K for the WIP. Should have the first draft done by the end of the month.

bluerose

Registered
Reaction score
Catching up after a fun but crazy holiday weekend...

Suki - oooo, I can't wait to read the PM announcement! So exciting!

(((Tracy))) - I'm so in awe of the strength and courage both of those who serve and their spouses. So, so hard to be separated from a loved one...my heart goes out to you. Here's hoping that writing will help speed the time for you until he comes home again.

Vandal - 18 months, yikes. Though come to think of it, I did have one 18 month rejection on a partial from an agent (I'd written it off as a rejection long, long ago, after 2 status queries with no response). Hey, at least they responded. :tongue

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone for your hugs and support. I'm hanging in there. :)

If you're interested, I started a blog on my website (the website addy in my sig) for my hubby while he's gone. It's going to be mostly pictures of our dogs, but check it out if you're interested (they're cute dogs!).

Thanks again, guys. I'm hoping my scrambled brain will sort itself out soon, so I can start working on WIP revisions.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
WOOT suki CONGRATS!

{Tracy} I agree with you, writing helps you through tough times. This is NOT at all as serious as your hubby going over seas, but I can relate to writing helping you stay sane, my husband works on the other side of the country...literally, and he's goine for months at a time when he works (last 'stint' he did was about 9 or 10 months during which time he came home maybe 3 times for a week...the loneliness was awful) Let me tell you, if it weren't for my writing, I'd have never made it

shinta

Registered
Reaction score
Tracy, what everyone else said. Hugs to you!

Other Lisa,

I have come to know you to be extremely modest when it comes to your own accomplishments and positively supportive of other people's ups and downs.

Can't wait to read the NYTBR this weekend. Always curious. Do you know who is reviewing your book and do you get to see the review before it comes out? Hats off to you.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Yay Suki!!!

Today was a really rough day for me. My husband left for his deployment late last night and I drove 12 hours home on 2 hrs of sleep. But my MIL came with me and has been SUCH a support. I'm definitely on an emotional rollercoaster at the moment, but am trying to keep strong. I'm so glad I have my writing to turn to in this challenging time. My agent has given me revision notes on my WIP and I am looking forward to diving into the project in the next couple of days. I have to say, and this is probably no surprise, but I would definitely take submission hell or constant rejection over my husband deploying for a year ANY. DAY. Definitely puts things into perspective.

My thoughts and prayers are with your hubby to keep him safe and sound as well as with you and his family at this difficult time. Hang in there girlie.

Tracythewriter--

I got the call for possible deployment not long ago, but have since been left hanging. Iraq or Afghanistan, they told me. I'm not stirring the pot. Maybe they'll overlook me. Been there. Done that already. I have two girls, aged 10 and 12. And my wife is not happy with the possibility. Neither are the kids. My agent is cool with it, though. Says it would give me fresh grist for my stories. So, I can commisserate with you. Writing is indeed a great outlet. Pour yourself into that.

Angkor, thoughts and prayers are with you too. Hope your deployment gets shuffled under the rug.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Other Lisa,

I have come to know you to be extremely modest when it comes to your own accomplishments and positively supportive of other people's ups and downs.

Can't wait to read the NYTBR this weekend. Always curious. Do you know who is reviewing your book and do you get to see the review before it comes out? Hats off to you.

:partyguy:I concur on the CONGRATS!!! That's totally awesome and inspiring to see a down to earth writer!!! :Hug2:

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Other Lisa,

Er, I might have seen the review... :)

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
And no, in general I don't know who wrote it and what it says much ahead of anyone else. I've had a couple of reviewers who were writing more profile kinds of articles ask me to read the text for accuracy, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Lisa! I can't wait to see it. Usually I read the NYT Books section and get mad about what they choose to give space too (like that onanistic Portrait of an Addict as a Young Man thing -- enough!!!!) so I can't wait to see this.

NYT review is big time! Woo hoooooo!

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooo, I'll be on the lookout, Lisa! How cool!

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of lookouts, Suki. When is YOUR news breaking?

*refresh* *refresh* *refresh*

Agent said, "Don't wear out your finger." Apparently, PM moves at their own pace.

~suki

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No one cheer yet - the deal up on PM about the orphan is *not* mine.

~suki

Status
Not open for further replies.