The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Web content? The elusive Suki is going to unveil herself?

That's my plan too. Contract, then website. Possibly a Web 4.0 site.

It's almost over, Suki. Then it begins again, right?

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Web content? The elusive Suki is going to unveil herself?

That's my plan too. Contract, then website. Possibly a Web 4.0 site.

It's almost over, Suki. Then it begins again, right?

LOL - yeah, my worlds are merging. And I'm working on my content while the developer is working up visuals and concept and building it.

But now I need to step up my end... <sigh>

~suki

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of websites, I can't help noticing from my stats that the number of people who have found my page this month by googling my name is the exact same as the number of editors who are now supposedly reading my manuscript.

Coincidence? Or....?

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, HC!

Can't wait to see the website, Suki. Suki unveiled.... :)

My update is a little out of date, but I don't remember posting.... My dystopian is going back in the trunk. My agent thinks it has potential, but it would need a lot of work. Work that I don't have the heart/interest to do. So I'm editing another YA UF instead that's been waiting for my attention. And I'm so in love with this one again. *cuddles MS* I hope it might be ready to send to my agent by the end of the month.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Lkp, not a coincidence. So they have at least looked at your manuscript! That's the first step.

Ink, you definitely have to work on the book you love. Maybe someday you'll love your dystopian, but this is your second breakup. Getting back together with an ex, especially a multiple-breakups ex, is rarely a good idea :)

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ink - yay for working on a project you love!

An yeah, I really need to get my butt in gear on the web content - but it makes me a little nutty so I don't want to. LOL.

This weekend, though, I'm determined to get a good draft working.

~suki

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
My update is a little out of date, but I don't remember posting.... My dystopian is going back in the trunk. My agent thinks it has potential, but it would need a lot of work. Work that I don't have the heart/interest to do. So I'm editing another YA UF instead that's been waiting for my attention. And I'm so in love with this one again. *cuddles MS* I hope it might be ready to send to my agent by the end of the month.

Well, bummer on the Dystop, Ink, but at least it sounds like you've got plenty of amo!! :)

I haven't done anything else with mine. Still sittin' at 6K with a synops. Agent talked about maybe doing it in proposal form, so I need to get workin' on it again.

Without AW and Miss Snark, I never would have got out of the gate. I wouldn't have had a clue about query letters and my heroine would have started the book staring out into space doing nothing, and no one would have got to page 2.

OMG, this is sooooo true! I shudder at the query letter I sent for my adult novel(it's not trunked but awaiting local publishing for Southern authors, lol). Those still haunt me.

One confusing thing is how many published books (good ones too) start with things you're never supposed to do...

WORD! LOL

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
hey everybody. just checking in. seems like it's been a quiet week as far as news goes. maybe everybody gearing up for ALA next week? Hopefully it won't be quite the showstopper BEA was. But I'm sure it doesn't help that we're into mid-June and folks are starting to go on vacation.

Either way, it's better than the Italian mag I write for - their entire office shuts down for the whole month of August! At least we don't have THAT to deal with! ;-)

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
My agent said a few of my houses were doing launch this week and would get back to us next week. Maybe that's a reason?

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
When we went on sub, my agent told me everyone (publishers) seems to have shifted to first gear. She said this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I guess it means at the very least that people are moving slowly and winding down.

bluerose

Registered
Reaction score
I can vouch for a lot of editors & other publishing folks being on vacation already...seems there must've been a stampede for the exits post-BEA. Word from my agent is that this last phase of my sub may drag on into mid-July or later, thanks to so many people being out. (Sigh! Like suki, I kinda wanted to be done w/sub! But oh well, guess it's yet another example of how the waiting never stops in publishing...)

Good luck to everyone working hard on WIPs, revisions, websites, etc!

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Well I know Harper and LB were doing their spring/summer 2011 launch meetings last week - crazy right? And it seems like there are a fair number of people out at conference this week, then ALA, then the long July 4th weekend. Maybe editors will then be trying to get things off their desk before August vacations?

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
My editor made a comment on Twitter last night that San Diego Comic Con is taking up most of her life from now until it's over. So if you've got a fantasy sub out, that might be effecting other editors too.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto.

My agent emailed me, telling me to hang in there. No word yet...but no passes either. :D

She said she knew of 2 editors who were on vacation this week.

And so we wait....

jscribbles

Who killed my sea monkeys?
Registered
Reaction score
*pokes head in*

Er, hello! I was waiting to post here until we actually go on submission, but I don't know how long that will be. I'm waiting on revision notes from my agent, and then I'm not sure if we'll go ahead and submit right away or wait until the fall. It sounds like there are mixed feelings about submitting in late July/August. But I want to know what I'm getting into, so I'd love to hang out here prior to sub.

Anyway, *wave*.

I've got a YA paranormal we're planning to sub soon and just finished another (male POV, yay!) that I'm revising and sending to betas here in the next week.

*settles in for the long haul*

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
*waves at JWheeler. passes cookies.*

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Jwheeler. Welcome to hell.:)

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
*waves to JWheeler* Welcome to hell!

Hmm... more NYC activity on my website yesterday. I have a feeling another pass is in my future. (Yes, I'm cynical. Yes, with reason.)

jscribbles

Who killed my sea monkeys?
Registered
Reaction score
*waves at JWheeler. passes cookies.*

*takes one, passes cookies back so she doesn't bogart the whole bag*

Yum.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :D

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to Hell, JWheeler!

@Ink Wench-no cynicism, girl! I'd like to think they want to know more about you--which is why they're checking on things--to see how fun you might be to work with!

It makes me wish I had a blog or website, so I could obsess about who's looking around for me....

Last edited:

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
You know the problem with revisions? They can take on a life of their own and go WAY off track! LOL OMG. But..I think its a good thing. Agent and I had a long discussion about this WIP last week after she read it all, and I think I am loving this sorta new direction. :)

Welcome JWheeler!

Status
Not open for further replies.