Status
Not open for further replies.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Trixie, so glad you heard back from agent. I know you were waiting for quite a bit. And congrats and finger crosses on the potential good news!

Tracy, here's how far my optimism swings sometimes. I like to pretend I haven't heard back because they are so in love with the book they just can't put it down (must read it again!), maybe they've even gone and made copies and are passing them around to everyone in the house, "Here read this!"

Okay, okay, yeah, they probably haven't read...

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Lily - How did you know my drink of choice?! <glug glug glug>

{{Tracy}}

I love names beginning with Tr...

I edited this cos I heard back from my agent. Still a bit unsure but her excuses will do for now (plus editor at big house is currently reading Book 1 and has said they *might* come back with edit suggestions to then take on to the rest of the house), just going to see how she approaches my next book.

YES I"M SO HAPPY YOU FINALLY HEARD BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And with good news too, come on Trixie, I'm rooting for you!

June, Soul, I got a fantastic e-mail from lb; the reason they passed--> they had *just* signed a similar book. *collapses2knees&weeps*

YA, great news for your friend. You next!

And please, tell me about the Boy Book Syndrome. I did get one pass saying, "So sorry, but we're looking for only girl protags". I was like, I can give him a pony tail!

Gah, I had a few of those r's too, 'we really enjoyed it but have something similar *bangs head against wall*

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, I totally agree on the bitter sweet rejections. And srsly on hearing back that quick? I WISH! We're still in the 1st round, waiting to hear from two or three I believe. It's the dreaded boy book syndrome in this economy and so far nothing I can revise, which SUCKS! I kinda want something other than, "Your MC is a dude". Ironically, I don't see my book as a boy book, but hey!

The last was from a biggie(LB) and was particularly painful b/c she wants to see something else of mine....what we can gather is she'd most likely want to see the Southern YA literary I haven't written... HAHAHA. Well, I have 300 words written, and I know where's it'll go when it's written, so it's not just an SNI. Let's just say she loved the Southern angle.

(((June))) I really think it's INSANE the way they discriminate against male protagonists. Sheesh.

OMG my awesome CP and writer friend just accepted a pre-empt on her UF YA last night!!! SO THRILLED for her!!! It was a roller coaster ride with the back and forth between publishers, but they ultimately accepted the pre-empt!!! *giddy*

Yay! Happy for your friend!

And.....first official response. A rejection. :-( Boo. It wasn't one of the publishers I was REALLY hoping for, but still. A disappointment. It WAS the last editor that received the manuscript though, at less than 2 weeks ago, so hopefully the fact that everyone else is holding on to it means that they're interested (though it likely means they just haven't read it yet).

At least it feels "real" now. Kind of "real" poopy at the moment....but real! :)

(((Tracy))) Still early in the game. :) Remember, it only takes one editor to fall in love with your book...

I love names beginning with Tr...

I edited this cos I heard back from my agent. Still a bit unsure but her excuses will do for now (plus editor at big house is currently reading Book 1 and has said they *might* come back with edit suggestions to then take on to the rest of the house), just going to see how she approaches my next book.

Glad you heard from your agent! Good luck!

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Trixie for hearing back!

I heard from my agent today and she actually ended up subbing to two other imprints as well. Also one of the editors we subbed to thought someone at another imprint in their house may love it so they passed it along. So, no news is still no news, but better than just crickets.:)

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Trixie for hearing back!

I heard from my agent today and she actually ended up subbing to two other imprints as well. Also one of the editors we subbed to thought someone at another imprint in their house may love it so they passed it along. So, no news is still no news, but better than just crickets.:)

Jenn, that sounds promising:). Crossing my fingers for you. Crickets are the worst!!

JennW

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Tomorrow is the one week mark and while I know it's still wayyy early to hear anything, I find myself starting to stalk the e-mail a bit. grrr...

JennW

Registered
Reaction score
thanks guys. i know the waiting seems different than with querying, i guess cause you're *that* much closer? Not sure. Today is my 1 week on sub anniversary. Yay.

*dives back into WIP for distraction.*

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Jenn!!!

I've reached the point in doing my line edits in which I seriously hope my novel never sells. I am so sick of the damn thing that once I send it off to the agent this weekend, I never want to see it again. If it sells, and hence I have more revisions, I might set myself on fire.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
*removes everything flammable from ink's reach, including booze*

Bet you'd like to modify that statement now. :D Go ahead; I have everything in a huge box, ready to return to you.

Your book is excellent, so stop.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
No, not the booze! I need the booze to get through the edits. Give me back my precious! We needs it. Yes, we do.

*hugs booze*

Ok, ok. I won't light myself on fire. The book would have to sell first anyway, so I have plenty of time to come up something even more devious.

JennW

Registered
Reaction score
good luck, ink. im glad the revisions are close to over. i hear you on being sick of the book after all that - mine too!

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
No, not the booze! I need the booze to get through the edits. Give me back my precious! We needs it. Yes, we do.

*hugs booze*

Ok, ok. I won't light myself on fire. The book would have to sell first anyway, so I have plenty of time to come up something even more devious.
*laughs out loud*

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
thanks guys. i know the waiting seems different than with querying, i guess cause you're *that* much closer? Not sure. Today is my 1 week on sub anniversary. Yay.

*dives back into WIP for distraction.*
Happy Anniversary!! Wish I could send you some flowers ;)

LOOK! Found some...:e2flowers

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Good luck, Jenn!!!

I've reached the point in doing my line edits in which I seriously hope my novel never sells. I am so sick of the damn thing that once I send it off to the agent this weekend, I never want to see it again. If it sells, and hence I have more revisions, I might set myself on fire.

Snort! That's exactly how I feel about TG. If I hadn't loved it and the characters so much, I would have srsly torched the damn thing considering all the times I had to revise.

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
Good luck Jenn!

Ink...step away from the candle. ;)

Today is the official 2 week mark since all editors asked for the full. 1 more week and agent will nudge. Eeek. She and I worked out the plot for book 2 and I am so freakin excited about it. I really really hope this sells because I want to write it!!

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Jenn, YA, happy anniversary! Hee. I'm also there...yesterday and today mark my two-week point as well. Awesome Agent says we probably won't hear anything more this week but should start getting some responses next week. YIKES!!! Then, she'll probably nudge the non-responders after that.

Ink...step away from that blowtorch! Oh, I mean candle. :) I am actually SCARED to look at my manuscript...not only am I sick of it, but I'm terrified that I'll start reading it, realize it's TERRIBLE, and burst into tears. So...not doing that. Yup, think I've hit the "I'm a fraud!!" stage! :)

Back to WIP research!

Status
Not open for further replies.