YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
Ethan E!!enberg

Okay, he has new book. And while scrounging for the next thing to write, rediscovered why I loved the last book I wrote but why agent man didn't fall for it. I am rewriting this baby from the ground up and am excited about it again! Yeah for me!

Last edited:

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Chr!s Lotts

Hoping that The Editor will get back to me soon on the synopsis for book 2/subsequent books. Hope she doesn't hate it.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Peter $teinberg

Let's hope he has happy news to start 2010

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
YAY for YA and lower case yay for IHeart, since she's only feeling the like.

Last edited:

Mel A.

settling in with my red pen . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Meliss@ Chinchill0 (F1etcher & Co)

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Steph@nie Rost@n

My inbox chirped late last night with my first ever note from my editor! It felt surreal! It was just a short note to say hello and congratulations and to ask for my address so that she could send some of their titles over (not that I need to be more insecure about the company I am sharing at this publisher. Yikes...) before she sent me her editorial notes. Note from editor + free books = one happy camper! :)

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
Free books is always so very nice. :)

Repped by Suz!3 T0wns3nd @ F!nepr!nt

haha, love finding new uses for numbers and punctuation.

No editor news from the break, but good agent news - she loves new ms. I feel so lucky that she's so enthusiastic about the work I've shown her so far (may that always continue ^.^) Finished revisions for project one over holiday break and the new ms; working on revisions for project 2 now. I love being busy.

wittyusernamehere

Registered
Reaction score
Steph@nie Rost@n

My inbox chirped late last night with my first ever note from my editor! It felt surreal! It was just a short note to say hello and congratulations and to ask for my address so that she could send some of their titles over (not that I need to be more insecure about the company I am sharing at this publisher. Yikes...) before she sent me her editorial notes. Note from editor + free books = one happy camper! :)

I have never heard of that (although I have not been lurking a real long time). That is so cool!

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
YAY for YA and lower case yay for IHeart, since she's only feeling the like.

What Kellion said (though "feeling the like" is still a very good reason for YAY!) :)

Free books is always so very nice. :)

Repped by Suz!3 T0wns3nd @ F!nepr!nt

haha, love finding new uses for numbers and punctuation.

No editor news from the break, but good agent news - she loves new ms. I feel so lucky that she's so enthusiastic about the work I've shown her so far (may that always continue ^.^) Finished revisions for project one over holiday break and the new ms; working on revisions for project 2 now. I love being busy.

Yay on new MS!

I have never heard of that (although I have not been lurking a real long time). That is so cool!

My guess is that she's subtly setting the bar before she slams me with her notes. Hehe. :D

Still waiting for it to be official. The wait is killing me.

Tri

Hang in there, Tri.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
!rene Kr@@s

Happy Camper, I am drooling. Literally. That's my dream! Sure, sure I'd love for my baby to sell and in my wildest dreams I'm able to quit my day job and become a writer full time...but FREE BOOKS??? And even better; new, never-been-seen-by-most-people titles? *sigh* that's my idea of heaven.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Steph@nie Rost@n

That is so cool!!! I'm glad you're living up to your user name. ;)

I'm repped by Br3nd@n D3n33n at F!nePr!nt

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Ethan E!!enberg

Okay, he has new book. And while scrounging for the next thing to write, rediscovered why I loved the last book I wrote but why agent man didn't fall for it. I am rewriting this baby from the ground up and am excited about it again! Yeah for me!

That's awesome, Lee! I'm excited for you.

Sighs, no news yet for me either from the pubs. Agent was loving TG last time I talked to her, so we should be going out with it soon. 2 books on sub= me potentially having nervous breakdown!

And F*nda Snyd*r from R*b Weisb*ch Cr*at*ve Management reps me. :)

Does anyone else feel like they're typing in Morse code? LOL

Last edited:

YAwriter72

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leebross.com
And my enthusiasm has officially tanked. *sigh*

Argh, I need a new idea! I am blank. Nothing. Not even an inkling of what to do next. And I'm sure I won't hear anything about book just sent for awhile.

I'd love to do a modern day dark faery tale, but nothing inspires me. My creativity has deserted me :cry:

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I'm feeling a little stuck too, although I still think my current WIP has potential to be awesome. It's just that I haven't been able to get into the work over the holidays since it's planning and not writing. Planning is work.

Today I'm beginning a fun background project -- writing the secret sacred text of the evil cult in my WIP. It's fun and hopefully easy because it's a satirical inversion of some real movements, but very necessary because I need to get a good handle on my baddie before I go any further. Plus several characters will be quoting and alluding to this text, so it would be much easier to have something to draw from than to try to make that up on the fly.

Low-hanging fruit, baby. That's all I can reach lately.

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
And my enthusiasm has officially tanked. *sigh*

Argh, I need a new idea! I am blank. Nothing. Not even an inkling of what to do next. And I'm sure I won't hear anything about book just sent for awhile.

I'd love to do a modern day dark faery tale, but nothing inspires me. My creativity has deserted me :cry:

Pick up som Grimm's tales, or google Chinese fairy tales or some such. Whenever I read multi-cultural fairy tales, I go gaga with new ideas. Something will come, and it'll knock you upside the head so hard you'll topple out of your chair. :D

YAwriter72

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leebross.com
Pick up som Grimm's tales, or google Chinese fairy tales or some such. Whenever I read multi-cultural fairy tales, I go gaga with new ideas. Something will come, and it'll knock you upside the head so hard you'll topple out of your chair. :D

I could use a knocking!!!

I'd love to do something like Hansel and Gretal or Rapunzel, but I SUCK at contemporary and can't figure out a good fantasy spin.

Off to Google Grimm!

Status
Not open for further replies.