The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busy Writer Bee

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! I think reading does get me back into the groove of things. I'll try it. It's hard though. But I'm going to get right back in the saddle.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I'm expecting a spate of desk-clearing Rs this week. I'm putting the remaining imprints into a grid and playing rejection bingo -- that way I can win by losing.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
I have a West Coast agent, and based on her usual practices, I am expecting a rejection or two to roll in around 10:55 EST. So if it happens, I can congratulate myself on my perspicacity, and if not, that's even better.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
ChaosTitan, so exciting! What will you do to celebrate? Do you have any promotional events planned? (Boy, I would hate that part of the deal. I would definitely throw up then...)

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I'm thinking about celebrating with a big, fat ice cream sundae. Haven't decided. Definitely sleeping in.

Fortunately, most of my promo has been online--guest blogs, blog interviews, etc... I totally suck at public speaking and doing those sorts of things terrifies me.

TrixieLox

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh ChaosTitan, SO exciting and scary and wonderful!

Ah man, I wish I wasn't so obsessed with checking my blog stats, had a flurry of NY activity from people searching for my full name this weekend, but had this before from NY and London, and nowt came of it (apart from the activity from the country that ended up buying translation rights, yay!).

Working on current WIP is like walking through treacle, sigh! Gets harder the more books you write. Anyone else feel this way? You're harder on yourself?

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
I'm harder on myself simply because that little voice in my head goes, "You suck. Thats why you didn't sell book 1. Why are you writing another one that won't sell." So I try so much harder to make the next one better without giving in and eating a gallon of ice cream to drown my sorrows!

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Trixie, I'm stuck planning, planning, planning for my next book. I have written 500 words. I need something to get me started and then I hope things will flow.

I agree that the searches probably mean editors are considering the book. There is no doubt in my mind that you will sell the US/UK rights soon. (Caution: I am frequently wrong.)

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
I have a West Coast agent, and based on her usual practices, I am expecting a rejection or two to roll in around 10:55 EST. So if it happens, I can congratulate myself on my perspicacity, and if not, that's even better.

I think you should congratulate yourself on using "perspicacity" in a post.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
For Chaos:

hot_fudge_sundae.jpg

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Silly me, I took the editor list from my agent and Googled "to agentname at" to see what kind of action they've had in the past few years.

Wow, there are some heavy hitters (good MG/YA deals) on this list and they are reading Lizzie this week!

Maybe I was better off not knowing...

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe I was better off not knowing...

I feel the same way. I tried googling the editors, then I got intimidated. And I got too attached to the idea of one or two of them. So I stopped googling.

Status
Not open for further replies.