The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Kellion well, I’m hugging you anyway {{}} I got two rejections like that. “It’s funny (etc) but we have something similar” YARGH! Where’s the plastic knife so I can begin working away at my wrists now? LOL

Callalily-you can do it! *waves pom pom’s* I mean, you’re big time now what with Editor’s having vision meetings about your book and all! Just breathe in…breathe out ;)

“Is it time for a Next Next Circle of Hell?” Okay other lisa, I’m getting more and more serious about that plastic knife by the minute… yark! ANOTHER circle of hell…..shudder….
” It's up--The Tenth Circle. Come obsess about editor notes and all the new levels of paranoia we've discovered!” ooh a new place to lurk :D

“I'll cut and add and rewrite. With a smile.” Callalily, you’re my hero. No honestly, you’re bravery rocks!

Just did a spread sheet for my WIP (it’s the only thing keeping me sane while SW is on sub) and it’s working out great already. It’s nice to get a birds eye view of my story and be able to see right off where this or that needs to be added or take away, thanks for the suggestion guys!!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Welcome, Madderblue! Permit me to pipe you aboard, and all that good stuff. You'll like the heat here.

I shouldn't have panicked. The agent I wanted to sign with has been on vacation out of state for the past 28 days. That's why she didn't answer my emails. She rang me and said we'll form a battle plan next week. That was a load off. I had all kinds of tremors going through me. Oh, and just pulled a full request off a partial from a straggling agent. Just goes to show they're still alive out there, slow, but alive.

Finished the first two chapter edits on the SF novel for Engage Books. Sent them a few minutes ago. Trying to figure out track changes is driving me nuts. It seems editors can be picky in how they want you to revise on the page--what to leave, what to remove. I'm always screwing up the format, some way or another.

Tri

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Heehee, truer words, I already have two pages of notes. And I get all giddy going over them cause they are so good and would SO rock the story that started in book 1.

Agent man has book 1, and I am waiting on feedback. *sigh* I hate this part cause I never know what to do. Keep working on book 1 cause I know it needs more, edit other book he saw already and said, "Needs more epiness" or just sit around and drink wine and eat chocolate! LOL

OOH, is this D that I read? Glad to hear the mojo is working!

I gotta go with Lily and say when the muse hits, ride that bitch, lol. That's how an SNI became a 20K WIP for me, lol!

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
OOH, is this D that I read? Glad to hear the mojo is working!

I gotta go with Lily and say when the muse hits, ride that bitch, lol. That's how an SNI became a 20K WIP for me, lol!

Its D2. :) Ugh, waiting so plays with my mojo. I start wondering if I suck, then start to lose my nerve and words fail me. Then I wonder why am I bothering!! Arg I hate writer insecurity!!! I've had 4 betas working with me on D, and I rewrote and added and explained and everything based on feedback, and got back last one today from my uber honest CP and.....she thinks it needs more work and she was confused by a lot of it. *head bang*

I *thought* it was really good! (Maybe people are lying to me! ROFL! Yeah, thats it right?)

Time for more wine!

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
So, talked to The Editor yesterday, and she's not sold on the premise of book 2. (I knew it might be an issue, I haven't been super sold on it myself, despite the fact that I went ahead and wrote most of it).

So now I'm back to square one, brainstorming ideas and seeing how much I can salvage. *sigh* I know, in a day or two, this is going to be fine and I'll be excited again, but right now I'm frustrated and discouraged.

:Hug2: A hug for Tas...

That was some good self-jinxing! I just got a pass from an editor who says she has something similar on her list already.

No hugs required. Someone smack with a spatula to get me moving on WIP.

...a spatula for you. :D

Had a lovely phone call with The Editor, and I did not babble! I need to cut 10K. Eep. By mid-March. Eep. She had great suggestions about cutting and about planting a few more clues and tying a minor character into the main plotline better.

Eep.

Then they're going to have another vision meeting when I get the slimmed-down version to them.

*checks prices of espresso machines*

Soooo exciting!!! Go Lily! :e2cheer:

I still don't have my revision notes but my agent told me that my editor's vision is to consolidate and LENGTHEN certain chapters. Me scared. (It's at 86K...)

I shouldn't have panicked. The agent I wanted to sign with has been on vacation out of state for the past 28 days. That's why she didn't answer my emails. She rang me and said we'll form a battle plan next week. That was a load off. I had all kinds of tremors going through me.
Tri

Yay Tri!

Its D2. :) Ugh, waiting so plays with my mojo. I start wondering if I suck, then start to lose my nerve and words fail me. Then I wonder why am I bothering!! Arg I hate writer insecurity!!! I've had 4 betas working with me on D, and I rewrote and added and explained and everything based on feedback, and got back last one today from my uber honest CP and.....she thinks it needs more work and she was confused by a lot of it. *head bang*

I *thought* it was really good! (Maybe people are lying to me! ROFL! Yeah, thats it right?)

Time for more wine!

{{{YA}}}

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Triceretops, a 28-day vacationing agent. I think I'm on the wrong end of this profession. But I can't imagine how relieved you must feel. Here I am fussing over three days. And I always screw up Track Changes too.

Juneluv, that would be such a great show. I can see a whole slew of authors sitting on the edge of their coaches..."Oh, she was closing a 6-figure advance deal over a three martini lunch! That's why she didn't answer my calls."

Actually, all joking aside, I'd love to follow and agent around for a day. If I could keep up.

YA, I'm sure D is shiny and perfect. In my crystal ball I see E dancing in elation. ...Oh, THAT'S why he hasn't answered my e-mails. :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Lily, your still gonna stop by here and makes us foofy coffee drinks, right? *sniffle* Even though you've like, moved to La Buena Vista Hella now?

:roll: I like it: The Beautiful Scenery of Hell.

I am your delighted barista:
images

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I hear 'dat. Cost of paper and all. On my end I'm a little concerned with writing a shorter book after debuting with a longer one, but I don't know if that's really an issue or just something new for me to be paranoid about.

Other Lisa, you are writing an independent novel, right? I don't think the length of this novel compared to the others matters one whit. Lily and Tas are writing series and thus have to worry about that sort of thing. Just make the story awesome, because you will.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Thanks Kellion. I'm sure I can find plenty of other things to be paranoid about... ;)

And let me add my voice to the congratulatory chorus: YAY TRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Madderblue! Permit me to pipe you aboard, and all that good stuff. You'll like the heat here.

I shouldn't have panicked. The agent I wanted to sign with has been on vacation out of state for the past 28 days. That's why she didn't answer my emails. She rang me and said we'll form a battle plan next week. That was a load off. I had all kinds of tremors going through me. Oh, and just pulled a full request off a partial from a straggling agent. Just goes to show they're still alive out there, slow, but alive.

Finished the first two chapter edits on the SF novel for Engage Books. Sent them a few minutes ago. Trying to figure out track changes is driving me nuts. It seems editors can be picky in how they want you to revise on the page--what to leave, what to remove. I'm always screwing up the format, some way or another.

Tri

CONGRATS TRI!!!

Triceretops, a 28-day vacationing agent. I think I'm on the wrong end of this profession. But I can't imagine how relieved you must feel. Here I am fussing over three days. And I always screw up Track Changes too.

Juneluv, that would be such a great show. I can see a whole slew of authors sitting on the edge of their coaches..."Oh, she was closing a 6-figure advance deal over a three martini lunch! That's why she didn't answer my calls."

Actually, all joking aside, I'd love to follow and agent around for a day. If I could keep up.

YA, I'm sure D is shiny and perfect. In my crystal ball I see E dancing in elation. ...Oh, THAT'S why he hasn't answered my e-mails. :D

I'd love love LOVE to shadow an agent for a day too. I can't fathom what a day in their life would be like...

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com

Time for more wine!

No, I wasn't lying! You know I'm the beta Queen, and I read, read, read for people. Yours was awesome, and I'm usually not into that genre at all. And please don't take my slow go as a reason cuz that ain't it. I srsly read each and every snip you sent me in one sitting cuz I just couldn't stop!!! That's the test for me. Can I stop to go to the grocery store or clean...well, that's a bad analogy if you could see my house right now!

wittyusernamehere

Registered
Reaction score
..well, that's a bad analogy if you could see my house right now!

:roll:Glad it is not just me!

Occasionally, I feel guilty for not being a better house keep and writing/reading instead. When I was young, I saw an interview of Freddie Mercury, and he said, "If I didn't do this, I, I don't have anything to do, you know. I can't cook, I'm not very good at being a housewife."

Sometimes I look around at the dusty floorboards and think, I'm with you Freddie, I guess this means I'm supposed to be a rock star.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I can only imagine how you're feeling right now. It must feel like your mom saying yes and you get all excited but your father has the final word and he says no. Your mom is trying to find a way to convince your father and everything hangs on the line for it. It reminds me of the movie Taken. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. That excitement, followed by devastation, followed by the ultimate high of...yes. You'll get there. Hang in there. Your high is coming.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
On a brighter note (to briefly take our minds away from the fires of hell) some AWers have written amazing novels/stories. I thought it’d be cool to have a thread where AWers talk about things they’ve read from other AWers.

I just finished Cindy Pon (xiaotien)’s novel Silver Phoenix. One word. WOW. I posted my amateur ‘review’ of her book here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167986

Please stop by and tell us what you thought about something you read that was written by an AWer!

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Witty, now I know I was meant to be a rock star too... thanks! That anecdote will serve me well, and often.

I keep looking for SP but haven't seen it in person! It'll be in my next Amazon order.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
I've got Silver P on my next Amazon order too. But before that, i just started Kelly's Three Days to Dead. Loving it!

Does anyone else believe in vile Web Monsters who eat important ingoing and outgoing e-mails?

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
I've got Silver P on my next Amazon order too. But before that, i just started Kelly's Three Days to Dead. Loving it!

Does anyone else believe in vile Web Monsters who eat important ingoing and outgoing e-mails?

Awesome! Let us know what you thought of TDD when you finish (it's next on my list!)
Can't wait to get my hands on A Robe of Feathers, looks good :)

YAwriter72

someone let me off this crazy ride
Registered
Reaction score
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all h
Website
www.leebross.com
No, I wasn't lying! You know I'm the beta Queen, and I read, read, read for people. Yours was awesome, and I'm usually not into that genre at all. And please don't take my slow go as a reason cuz that ain't it. I srsly read each and every snip you sent me in one sitting cuz I just couldn't stop!!! That's the test for me. Can I stop to go to the grocery store or clean...well, that's a bad analogy if you could see my house right now!

You just made my morning Krista! Really! Thank you!!!!! (Am having a crisis of suckitis right now!! LOL)

(On a happy note, I just bought 2 new leather purses yesterday, one in black one in brown and they are the cutest things eva!! Bonus they were one mega sale for $15 each! Woot! LOL)

Last edited:

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
What a nothing sort of day. I drove around quite a bit being late, lost, and behind slow drivers, and now I'm waiting for a plumber. Nothing in the email box.

Status
Not open for further replies.