AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Write Literary Agency, Ltd. (Shubnum Gill)

Question Write Literary Agency, Ltd. (Shubnum Gill)

Anyone know anything about this Agency formed in 2006. The name worried me but that could just be an unfortunate choice. They're in the Writers and Artists Yearbook and listed on their website. When I try to link to the agency website though, it won't have it.
    'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice.
    'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'

Lewis Caroll

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    This one? http://writersservice.com/agent/write_literary_ltd.htm

You're right, their webpage doesn't open.
    Last edited by brianm; 02-19-2008 at 04:43 PM.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar
    Never heard of them and I thought I knew of most of the UK agents who handle SF.
    A Google search on the agent's name brings up mostly hits on an Indian artist.
    The agency phone number is a mobile

None of these are positive signs.
    If the agency was founded in 2006 they should have made some sales by now so it would be worth asking them what they've sold.

Quote Originally Posted by waylander View Post
    A Google search on the agent's name brings up mostly hits on an Indian artist.
    Just checked this out. Lovely pictures. Don't quite go with my story.

Lewis Caroll

practical experience, FTW cethklein's Avatar
    You'd think they'd be a bit more creative with their name. Kind of reminds me of the Yugo car company.

I just got my MS back today marked 'addresseee has gone away'. I should have checked more carefully before sending it but the 'agency' wasn't listed here and was in Writers' and Artists' Yearbook.
    If you can't trust them, who can you trust?
    Next, someone'll tell me there's no Santa Claus

Lewis Caroll

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

New?

Does anyone have any new information about this place? A writer friend sent a submission to them, but if this is some place she should be wary of, I'd like to give her a heads up.

Thanks!

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    Nothing much online, their website still doesn't work. The fact that nothing comes up suggests to me they have no sales listed anywhere. I think the general Not Recommended feeling probably sticks in this case. I would tell your writer friend to seek out better agencies and forget this one.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

http://www.wlwritersagency.com/index.html

This website works for them. I had no problems navigating through their site. What threw up a red flag to me...and what caused me to come here and look for a thread--is that they have a page for the authors they 'represent'. But when you go to that page, all that's there are a bunch of first names and 'job' descriptions for their supposedly contracted authors. To me, if you're not confident enough in who you are to list your writers, then chances are you've got no writers. And I'm sure their argument to that would be their writers want their privacy. However, I've never met a published writer who didn't want to be associated with their publisher or--in this case--their agency. It's free promotion.

Thanks for your reply.

Just checked with Piers Anthony's site where he reports that The Writers Literary Agency charges the writer for each round of edits, and then puts the manuscript through numerous edits, which in turn costs the writer hundreds of dollars. He also reports that they contact POD publishers without the writer's knowledge or approval, who then solicit the writers.

I knew something smelled bad. Always trust the gut--or nose!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Are you asking about the Write Literary Agency, Ltd. or Writers Literary Agency? They are two different agencies.

ETA: If you are looking for info on Writers Literary Agency, start here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62493
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 03-24-2009 at 07:56 AM.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Thank you CaoPaux. I somehow overlooked the proper link, mistaking this one for the one I was looking for. Thank you for your help.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    No longer listed on W&A, and no mention elsewhere.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: