Any Other True Crime Addicts?

kellytijer

What the hell is going on?!
Registered
Reaction score
Ann Rule is my favorite true crime novelist as well! Wish I could write it, because I love it....

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
I love Wambaugh too! And John Grisham recently wrote a true crime book, although I don't know if he has any others in the works. It would be nice if he did because I really liked his style.

As much as I enjoy reading this genre, I would never have the patience to do the research required to write it. When I read Ann Rule, it amazes me to realize how deeply she must have delved to paint such incisive portraits of the people involved, not to mention slogging through the trials and transcripts.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not an addict at all! I can stop whenever I want. Really I can.

Thirding or fourthing the Ann Rule love. Love her. And I, too, loved John Grisham's An Innocent Man--I enjoyed it more than most of his books, truth to tell.

Some other good true-crime books I've read recently: Seduced by Madness by Carol Pogash; Redbone: Murder, Malice, and Money in Atlanta by Ron Stodghill; and House of Secrets by Lowell Cauffiel.

I think my all-time favorite true-crime books are The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson; In Cold Blood by Truman Capote; and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
I'm not a true crime addict, but I did read Deviant by Harold Schecter. It was an excellent book about serial killer Ed Gein (which inspired Psycho and Texas Chainsaw Massacre).

allen