Not open for further replies.

sugarlit

Lit from within
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sugarlit.com
Hi all,

I'm planning to makeover my writing workspace and need ideas on an ergonomic desk and chair. Does anyone have any recommendations on which brands are the most optimal for maximizing comfort and minimizing aches?

If anyone cares to post pictures of their workspace so I can get some ideas of what works for other writers, that would be great. :)

Thanks,

Michelle

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
google 'ergonomic chairs' and you'll get about 200,000 hits. Some friends swear by the chairs that have a couple of dozen rubber/plastic bands giving support top to bottom.

http://www.ergo360.com/bungee-chair.html

Much comfort just depends on you: have the middle of the comp screen at eye height, have the cd tray on the tower within easy reach, have things you use within reach, things you use less put further away, get up every hour & walk around & stretch--set an alarm for this if you have to, make sure that your knees are below your hips when sitting otherwise it puts a strain on your lower back, keep hydrated--comps put out heat and the dry air makes your skin drier too. If you haven't had your eyes checked in a while--do so. I bought a bigger screen when all I needed were reading glasses.

Don't buy anything without trying it first!

I've a 4' wide table, behind my laptop is a small bookshelf 3' wide with everything I use daily within reach, and the top shelf has my inspirational stuff: dragon fantasy blades, teddy bears, a Tigger toy, a crystal cat. :}

The 3m ergonomic mouse cuts way down on carpel tunnel and wrist strain. My partner uses one and it's very natural for the hand.
http://store.ergocube.com/3mermous.html

good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.