• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publicist] Annie Jennings PR

priceless1

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.behlerpublications.com
Three of our authors have worked with Annie. I've spoken with her at great length and like her. She's adept at pulling out great ideas to enhance an author's platform.

Keep in mind that media experts and publicists don't guarantee success. There are no guarantees in this business. However, I know complete unknowns who have used Annie and enjoyed great exposure with their books. She only accepts those who she believes can be skillfully promoted. Hope this helps.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Well, from her website, it appears she mostly reps NF stuff, like self-help and the like. I found the "Testimonials" page a little odd. I suppose some of them are her clients, but it seems strange to include some of the other comments. I was expecting something more along the lines of:

Milton Kahn Associates

Raab Associates

Generally a publicist is extremely proud of their clients and tout them loud and long on their website. The ones on Jennings's site seems a bit . . . low-key. It might be that's her style. But you might also want to take a look at this list to see if someone else might suit you better, since you found one negative already. Naturally, you'll have to vet the other ones too, so check out the clients to see who they rep that is similar to your book. :)

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Hey, Milton can be a little tough to deal with, but he's damned good at his job. He's the sort I'd use if he repped my genre. I like tough, no-nonsense sorts who don't hand-hold. :)

priceless1

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Just like everything else in this business, you hear good and bad. I don't mind a tough nut, but I've met too many folks who paid a bucket load and got nothing in return. Okay, I'll admit to a bit of bias. I called him on behalf of one my authors to talk to him about our author's book, etc. He couldn't have been more rude and brusque than if I'd asked him to expose himself on the 405 freeway at rush hour. Since you never get a second chance to make a first impression, I crossed him off my personal list as an ass to avoid. If one of our authors choose to use him, then I'd try my best to work with him.

I also wanted to mention that Annie actually does take some fiction - but it has to have very strong social value, something that she can sell to the media.

Janis Love

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowwriter.com
Thanks to everyone for your wonderful advice and feedback. It's so helpful. I spoke with Annie Jennings today and I really liked her. Her specialty is radio and she guarantees her services. I'd like some comments on fees. One of her packages is $5,000 which she guarantees 10 radio interviews or more on top shows in the top 35 markets in the country. Also included in the price is coaching on how to be an effective interviewee on a radio show. Any comments on this since I have no idea what publicists charge?

priceless1

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Thanks to everyone for your wonderful advice and feedback. It's so helpful. I spoke with Annie Jennings today and I really liked her. Her specialty is radio and she guarantees her services. I'd like some comments on fees. One of her packages is $5,000 which she guarantees 10 radio interviews or more on top shows in the top 35 markets in the country. Also included in the price is coaching on how to be an effective interviewee on a radio show. Any comments on this since I have no idea what publicists charge?
Janis, I recommend that you talk to her about the fees and your budget. It's possible that something can be worked out. She's a lovely woman and has done very well for our authors. I feel her fees are reasonable for what she gives the author.

As for standard fees from publicists - they're all over the board. Milton Kahn, for instance, is hideously expensive - as are others I've talked to. On the flip side, I've worked with publicists who were very reasonable - ten grand for six months - and did a great job. One thing to keep in mind is that publicists have their specialties. Some are great at getting five star reviews while others are great at getting interviews and regional appearances. Media folks, like Annie, specialize in radio and/or television. It's important to consider what best fits your needs. Are you a regional book or do you have a national topic? Does your book have great wings, but you really need those big reviews? Choose your publicist accordingly.

Annie's media training is first class. In fact, one of our authors just finished her media training the other day, and he was worked like a dirty dog. Very informative and absolutely necessary if you plan on being a part of the media circus for your book.

Hope this helps.

Janis Love

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowwriter.com
Thanks, priceless1, for your info. Very helpful indeed. Our book has a national release and a national topic which is why her national radio package peaked my interest. The book is about kids with life threatening illnesses -- one in 7 kids is diagnosed with some sort of serious illness. We have some impressive endorsements including Make-A-Wish and the National Institutes of Health. We talked about a couple of the kids featured in the book appearing on the shows with us.

Grace Monet

Registered
Reaction score
Another PR pro to consider - Cherry Communications

Thanks, priceless1, for your info. Very helpful indeed. Our book has a national release and a national topic which is why her national radio package peaked my interest. The book is about kids with life threatening illnesses -- one in 7 kids is diagnosed with some sort of serious illness. We have some impressive endorsements including Make-A-Wish and the National Institutes of Health. We talked about a couple of the kids featured in the book appearing on the shows with us.

Hi, Janis, With all due respect to Annie Jennings, I know of an additional PR firm to consider: Cherry Communications, out of Albany NY. I discovered her name and work through the network "Wild Entrepreneurial Women." Shannon Cherry and her husband run the business, and are the parents of two-year-old twins.

Shannon's focus is teaching clients/readers how to write about their books or events as news that media folk will find useful. I've been planning to use some of her services, but just haven't had the start-up capital yet.

I subscribe to one of her e-zines, "Be Heard!" To quote a line from the movie "The Green Man," "It's worth the pain of perusal."
The national scope and nature of your work triggered my recommendation.

Good luck with your project!

Grace

Annie Jennings PR

Registered
Reaction score
Well, from her website, it appears she mostly reps NF stuff, like self-help and the like. I found the "Testimonials" page a little odd. I suppose some of them are her clients, but it seems strange to include some of the other comments. I was expecting something more along the lines of:

Milton Kahn Associates

Raab Associates

Generally a publicist is extremely proud of their clients and tout them loud and long on their website. The ones on Jennings's site seems a bit . . . low-key. It might be that's her style. But you might also want to take a look at this list to see if someone else might suit you better, since you found one negative already. Naturally, you'll have to vet the other ones too, so check out the clients to see who they rep that is similar to your book. :)
Hi Cathy,

Thanks so much for visiting my site a while back. I enjoyed reading your "thread" here on absolute write but then read the part about the testimonials and I thought I should talk to you about why our testimonials are the way they are.

I think what I most proud of is that we can work with average authors and experts and help them achieve their goals - real people, like you and me.

I feel that our mission here at Annie Jennings PR is for the betterment of all and we are committed to working with "average joe's" who can contribute their messages to the world, get some name brand publicity to empower their bio and media positioning, allowing them to secure a competitive edge.

We have so many real client stories of what it was like to work with Annie Jennings PR at http://www.anniejenningspr.com/publicitypro.htm

We specialize in helping normal everyday people so everyone can achieve their dreams. With that said, I certainly could release the names of our bestselling clients that might impress you such as personal growth guru, Tony Robbins and the Presidential Candidate for a certain party. Yes, the list is long and impressive. Our hearts lie with the regular authors and experts to help them live their dream! This is more important to me, helping people discover themselves!

Please feel fee to contact me if you would like to connect. Thanks, Annie

Annie Jennings PR 908.281.6201

Annie Jennings PR

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Annie Jennings? I've only found one negative article on her and it was pretty negative. The rest of the info I found was pretty positive.
Hi Janice,

Thanks so much for your interest in our company. I would love to speak with you personally. Thanks for letting me know your find our services impressive. We work everyday here at Annie Jennings PR to help our clients find their voice, live their mission and share their messages with the world. Some clients might have a book while other have a message they would like to share. Other clients want to get booked on major TV shows so they can create national expert status or build up credibility in their industry. Wonderful, as so many outcomes can be accomplished using media out reach! If you would like to know more please feel free to check out our real stories of client success at Annie Jennings PR.

Thanks, Annie

wallfull

author, psychologist, speaker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.EileenKennedyMoore.com
I've worked with Annie Jennings PR twice. The first time, my publisher's publicist was asleep at the wheel, and I knew I had to do something or my book would be dead before it was born. I also figured working with Annie was an investment in developing my media skills. The second time, my publisher paid her fee. Both times, she overdelivered and got me on MANY major radio shows.