The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Iambia Media, Inc. (Pittershawn Palmer)

txgerman1

Iambia Media, Inc. (Pittershawn Palmer)

Just curious about this agency. They would like to see my ms, but I've noticed all kinds of promotional services advertised on their website. Smells fishy, but maybe I have just become a bit paranoid after reading the posts on this site too much.

DaveKuzminski

Re: Pittershawn Palmer....anyone know of her?

So, what's the URL?

txgerman1

Here it is:

www.iambiamedia.com/

sfsassenach

Seem to be offering basic PR services...

What's fishy to me is the section asking for "donations" of hardware, etc.

DaveKuzminski

Re: Seem to be offering basic PR services...

It strikes me as a promotional company, not a literary agency. Of course, I will have to read more to see just what they truly offer.

Iambia

Re: Seeming to be offering basic PR services...

I am the owner of Iambia Media. As I state, I serve all an author's literary needs. I promote authors as well as provide agenting services. As a new company, I am still building and trying to acquire certain things. Requesting a donation of equipment to help build my company does not make me less legitimate. Further, I have an agent who is my mentor and has been in the business for more than 15 years. Hence, new authors are comforted by knowing that I am not going this alone.

Also, what you may not know is that many literary agents promote their authors, so it is not strange or unheard of for an agent to also promote authors. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask me. I will answer.

sfsassenach

Requesting a donation of equipment to help build my company does not make me less legitimate.
    I think it's unprofessional, and sends a message to potential clients.

txgerman1

continued

I have recently submitted my ms to the above agency and will look forward to a reply. Requesting office equipment etc as a new start up isnt a bad thing. Heck if she gets me a publishing deal, I'll throw in a new stapler or two............

Enjoy..........:peace

vstrauss

>> Also, what you may not know is that many literary agents promote their authors, so it is not strange or unheard of for an agent to also promote authors.<<

That's not my impression.

- Victoria

HapiSofi

I've never seen a real agent do it.

Teena Haywood

Re: Pittershawn Palmer

"Also, what you may not know is that many literary agents promote their authors, so it is not strange or unheard of for an agent to also promote authors."

Victoria! Dave! Please Help!

I've read and re-read the above statement. Perhaps I'm a little dense today, but I don't understand what this agency is trying to relay.:head

James D Macdonald

Re: Pittershawn Palmer

Is there a possible language/definition problem?

What exactly does everyone mean by "promote"?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

Iambiamedia

Looks like they've dropped the agent bit altogether. Be sure to get client list, etc. when considering a service like this.

http://www.iambiamedia.com/aboutus.htm
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Although still active on MySpace, etc., it looks like Ms. Palmer stopped offering promotion/editing/writers' services mid 2007.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Footnote: In '09, Ms. Palmer teamed with Donna Hill to found the short-lived epublisher InnerVision Books.
    ICAO
    ---------