• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Davis Wager Literary Agency (Timothy Wager)

TheWritingGuy

Registered
Reaction score
This forum is awesome! I didn't know that there could be so much information in one place.

Regarding Timothy Wager, I couldn't find much on him. He has a PM web page that says almost nothing, and the Davis Wager website only says that they repped one book, Dead Boys by Richard Lange. It was published by Little, Brown and Company in August 2007. None of the links on the agency website work.

http://publishersmarketplace.com/members/daviswager/

http://daviswager.com/

Does anyone know anything about him or the agency, or who the "Davis" in Davis Wager is?

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of them. Are they new? Is the website still under construction? (New, like start-up last year?) This is very confusing. I wish I could help; I tried, but came up with the same things as you. :Shrug:Sorry.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
He used to be at Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency, if I recall correctly. No idea who "Davis" is, or why the website is such a 404-mine.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, Google finds a handful of sales since 2005. No clue to who Davis is, though. *grumble*

Tisserand

Registered
Reaction score
Betting on Wager

Timothy Wager is my agent and he was invaluable in negotiations that led to the publication of my most recent book, Sugarcane Academy, on Harcourt. I'd recommend him without hesitation (and have done so repeatedly). His Web site does appear to be a work in progress. But I can't talk, because so is mine ...

Michael Tisserand

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Michael! Great to hear about your book.

Can you answer the burning question of who Davis is? ;)

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Michael and welcome to the AW forum. It is, as TheWritingGuy noted, packed with information. It's been incredibly helpful to me in learning what I need to know.

Do you know if Timothy Wager reps non-fiction? His PM page says that he reps politics and history, but I don't want to just assume that he means non-fiction.

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
Davis is ...

His mother's maiden name. He didn't want to name the company after himself, so he used her maiden name as well.

nicolesingslave

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolesingslave.buzznet.com
http://daviswager.com/submissions.htm
I am most interested in representing literary fiction and general-interest nonfiction. Please query by email with a description of the project and of yourself. If I want to see more, I will ask for your materials.

Fiction manuscripts should be complete when you first query me; a short (2-3 pp. at most) synopsis would be very helpful, too. Nonfiction need not be complete, but please be ready to send a book proposal that includes an overview of the project, a profile of competing or similar titles, an author bio, and sample chapters.

I do not handle screenplays, children's books, romance, or science fiction. Memoirs and most genre fiction (other than crime or noir) are a serious long shot, too.

submissions[at]daviswager.com

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Closed to queries in '11, site hasn't been updated since '12, and his PM page is gone. Anyone have reason to believe he's still agenting?