• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Arctic Wolf Publishing

grizzletoad1

Plodding around into things.
Registered
Reaction score
So what about this company? Sounds like they are reputable, but what do they DO? Are they indeed a publisher who will market my book or are they just a bundler for Kindle, Create Space and Smashwords et al? If all they do is take a cut of my royalty and I still get the same unacceptable sales totals that self-pubbing seems to guarentee unless you're a computer/Facebook/Twitter addict, why use them?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Thanks for your kind words... we do try to get to every query. I do hate having to reject your books as each one has been good, but right now we are hardly taking on anything at all. The market for all but the most popular authors has dropped to nearly nil and I've been forced to push resources into more profitable areas of the business.

This is part of a rejection I received, which indicates to me after having re-read this entire thread, that they came out of the gate back-logged and pretty much filled their slots fairly quickly every year. It's possible that they're filled up for the next couple years. Who knows? But it sure looks and feel like that's the case.

I just wish publishers would close their submission window if they're not able to offer contracts. Saves us both some time.

tri

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site went 404 in September. Perhaps revamping, perhaps gone.