• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Simon & Brown Book Publishers

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have info? Ive searched the forum, various threads and checked the index and came up with nothing.

Last edited:

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
The founder self-published a self-help book for men that claims,

Society sets men up to fail with many women. Felton sets men straight while giving them confidence in approaching women.

Yet, I don’t see where he provides any information that makes him an authority on this subject. Book is here.

He also has another entity called, Bradley Fenton Ventures, Inc., that provides a dating service.

http://www.broadband-guide.net/florida-dating-services.html

Florida Dating Services Directory

Bradley Fenton Ventures Inc
200 S Park Road, Hollywood, FL 33021
Phone: (954) 518-0188

He claims he started Simon & Brown (catchy name, eh?) in 2002 because…

I just got tired of getting the runaround from publishing companies who thought my book was “too small a market” for them and by self-publishing companies that wanted to charge me up-front and then keep most of the money for themselves.

Simon and Brown Publishing was founded by Bradley Fenton in 2002 after struggling to get his own book Stumbling Naked in the Dark published.

Yet, the book he references wasn’t published until July 6, 2006. So, why did he use Trafford to self-publish when he had his own publishing company at that time? (If his claim that he started this company in 2002 is to be believed.) A quick search on Amazon doesn’t pick up any books that they’ve published. The only thing close is a Simon Brown (printer) from 1834. Additionally, I don’t see anything in his background that qualifies him to be a publisher, outside of his experience in being self-published by Trafford in 2006.

Here’s the thread on Trafford.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767&highlight=trafford

Nice site, though. I call this kind of publisher site a HSP. A "Hollywood Set Publisher.” Realistic from the front, but when you take a wee peek behind them, there’s an empty space that should contain things like experience, knowledge, marketing, distribution, and capitol.

David I

Registered
Reaction score
"The founder self-published a self-help book for men that claims,

Quote:
Society sets men up to fail with many women. Felton sets men straight while giving them confidence in approaching women.
"

My favored technique for approaching women is to sneak up behind them, disguised as a potted plant. Approaching them like this is easy, but getting them to hang around when the philodendron starts hitting on them is more difficult.

That sounds like a genuinely dumb book--so I'm surprised it wasn't snatched up and vaulted to bestsellerdom. Just one flaw in that plan: Most guys can't read.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's still up, but no sign they've published anything.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Addendum: Domain is now that of Simon & Brown Publishing, which reprints classic/public domain works as ebooks.