Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Simon & Brown Book Publishers

practical experience, FTW TrixieBelden's Avatar

Simon & Brown Book Publishers

Anyone have info? Ive searched the forum, various threads and checked the index and came up with nothing.
    Last edited by TrixieBelden; 01-31-2008 at 02:00 AM. Reason: typo

Available on Amazon now.

The Woman Condemned - A first-hand account of America's death row women.

KellyBanaski.com - Author website.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    This one? http://simonandbrown.com/default.htm

Founded by a guy disappointed with his self-publishing experience (Trafford).
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    The founder self-published a self-help book for men that claims,

Society sets men up to fail with many women. Felton sets men straight while giving them confidence in approaching women.
    Yet, I don’t see where he provides any information that makes him an authority on this subject. Book is here.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...ookbookandbook

He also has another entity called, Bradley Fenton Ventures, Inc., that provides a dating service.

http://www.broadband-guide.net/flori...-services.html

Florida Dating Services Directory

Bradley Fenton Ventures Inc
    200 S Park Road, Hollywood, FL 33021
    Phone: (954) 518-0188
    He claims he started Simon & Brown (catchy name, eh?) in 2002 because…

I just got tired of getting the runaround from publishing companies who thought my book was “too small a market” for them and by self-publishing companies that wanted to charge me up-front and then keep most of the money for themselves.

Simon and Brown Publishing was founded by Bradley Fenton in 2002 after struggling to get his own book Stumbling Naked in the Dark published.
    Yet, the book he references wasn’t published until July 6, 2006. So, why did he use Trafford to self-publish when he had his own publishing company at that time? (If his claim that he started this company in 2002 is to be believed.) A quick search on Amazon doesn’t pick up any books that they’ve published. The only thing close is a Simon Brown (printer) from 1834. Additionally, I don’t see anything in his background that qualifies him to be a publisher, outside of his experience in being self-published by Trafford in 2006.

Here’s the thread on Trafford.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...light=trafford

Nice site, though. I call this kind of publisher site a HSP. A "Hollywood Set Publisher.” Realistic from the front, but when you take a wee peek behind them, there’s an empty space that should contain things like experience, knowledge, marketing, distribution, and capitol.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

practical experience, FTW TrixieBelden's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux View Post
    This one? http://simonandbrown.com/default.htm

Founded by a guy disappointed with his self-publishing experience (Trafford).

That would be the one. They are advertising for submissions on craigslist.

Available on Amazon now.

The Woman Condemned - A first-hand account of America's death row women.

KellyBanaski.com - Author website.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ruralwriter View Post
    They are advertising for submissions on craigslist.
    Wince.

Quote Originally Posted by ruralwriter View Post
    That would be the one. They are advertising for submissions on craigslist.
    Well, that's always the sign of an outstanding and sure-to-be-successful venture.

practical experience, FTW
    "The founder self-published a self-help book for men that claims,

Quote:
    Society sets men up to fail with many women. Felton sets men straight while giving them confidence in approaching women.
    "

My favored technique for approaching women is to sneak up behind them, disguised as a potted plant. Approaching them like this is easy, but getting them to hang around when the philodendron starts hitting on them is more difficult.

That sounds like a genuinely dumb book--so I'm surprised it wasn't snatched up and vaulted to bestsellerdom. Just one flaw in that plan: Most guys can't read.

From Macmillan New Writing, September 7, 2007. (Pan mass-market paperback in September, 2008). In the UK at Goldsboro Books, Borders, Waterstones, and other fine bookstores. Overseas, Amazon.co.uk and most other online retailers.

Drop through Tomorrowville and say hello...

Sockpuppet
    I carry shears for approaching philodendrons.

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    Quote Originally Posted by David I View Post
    "
    My favored technique for approaching women is to sneak up behind them, disguised as a potted plant.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

Site's still up, but no sign they've published anything.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Addendum: Domain is now that of Simon & Brown Publishing, which reprints classic/public domain works as ebooks.
    ICAO
    ---------