AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alliance Publishing Group, Inc. (Kevin Trudeau)

Banned

Alliance Publishing Group, Inc. (Kevin Trudeau)

anybody know anything about this? the Natural Cures guy declares at the back of his book that he "wants to publish your book." has he ever published anybody's book besides his own?

Sockpuppet
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Trudeau

You mean this guy? He's been convicted of fraud and under court sanction. I wouldn't trust him with my book.

Banned
    yeah, but isn't the govt mad at him for exposing them? wouldn't they prefer his name be tarnished so people don't take him seriously

rubin "hurricane" carter was convicted of murder after he passed a lie detector test sayin he aint do it. if the govt wants you convicted, they can usually make it happen, unfortunately

Sockpuppet
    You honestly believe that the government is out to get him? I mean, if you want to submit to him, knock yourself out, but I think you can do much. much better. Aim high.

Banned
    who's had more success in recent memory than Kevin Trudeau? he's practically a household name.

i'm only asking if anybody knows about his publishing house; i haven't necessarily chosen him. i need to find out more info

Kevin Trudeau is a proven scam artist, not an oppressed truth-teller. It's not just the government who says this--it's the average person who's bought his crappy books. See here for instance.

If you want to be treated fairly by a publisher, choosing one headed by someone who's a con artist is hardly the right move.

Banned
    well, even if he's a scam artist in some people's eyes, it doesn't necessarily mean he'd be a bad publisher. he obviously knows how to make a book popular which is all of our goal

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet Elijah View Post
    well, even if he's a scam artist in some people's eyes, it doesn't necessarily mean he'd be a bad publisher
    It certainly speaks to his overall trustworthiness. Who wants to do business with known scam artists? As for "Well, he made a financial success out of his own books," I would answer "What motivation would he have to make a success out of someone else's book, when he could instead continue to turn out his own nonsense and keep 100% of the profit?"

Banned
    as a business man he'd surely be interested in making money off of other people's writing endeavors, just as any other publishing house would be interested in it. he gets paid without having to write the book. i can see where he'd be motivated by that. can't you?

it's not easy to keep turning out "your own nonsense." eventually you run out of inspiration.

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Who's Kevin Trudeau?

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    well, even if he's a scam artist in some people's eyes, it doesn't necessarily mean he'd be a bad publisher. he obviously knows how to make a book popular which is all of our goal
    Why ask any questions since you seem to have all the answers?

The man is a scam artist and a convicted felon. If this is what you seek in a publisher of your works, then you have found the perfect fit.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

Quote Originally Posted by James D. Macdonald View Post
    Who's Kevin Trudeau?
    What? You don't know Kevin Trudeau? But he's practically a household name!

Leaving all the above aside, I'd be wary of someone who declares on the back of his book that he wants to publish mine.

The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ireland.
    as a business man he'd surely be interested in making money off of other people's writing endeavors, just as any other publishing house would be interested in it. he gets paid without having to write the book. i can see where he'd be motivated by that. can't you?
    He's scammed people out of their money before, and I doubt this leopard will change his spots. He's motivated to fill his pockets, not yours.

it's not easy to keep turning out "your own nonsense." eventually you run out of inspiration.
    Therein lies your problem. If this is how you feel about your work(s), I recommend you find something else to do with your free time. Perhaps, writing is not for you.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

"Opera singers have resonance where their brains ought to be." Anna Russell

Tired and Disillusioned Momento Mori's Avatar
    Prophet Elijah, the key questions to ask are these:

- Has he published other peoples' books to date?

- Are those books available in bookstores?

- If they're not available in bookstores, how do you think he's going to get enough sales to make you money?

- Is he able to give you a verifiable breakdown of the sales he's made to date and does he have a veriable marketing plan for selling your books?

- Given the certain dubious reputation that this man seems to have and his tendency to promote himself at the same time as his product, do you really want your work associated with him?

- What is this guy doing that you can't already get at an established publisher, or which you can't do yourself via Lulu or any other self-publishing site?

MM

Absolutely Fazed
    Do you know why successful scam artists do what they do? It's not so much the money. Most of them are clever enough that they could make quite a bit (if not as much) money legitimately if they wanted. They do it because they get a kick out of making fools of people. If they can get one over on the mark, they win. That's all that truly matters: showing how much smarter they are than their marks.

If he's a scam artist (I've never heard of this guy, so I'm basing my remarks on this thread alone), why would you trust him? You don't hand the keys to your cash box over to the guy you know once robbed a bank, and you don't trust your hard work to a guy who has proven himself untrustworthy.

You spent, I assume, weeks or months or years working on your book. Don't throw all that hard work away.

Kevin Trudeau has scammed people outside the world of publishing as well. He started the IPT (International Pool Tour) for pro players with millions of $$ "guaranteed" in prize money. There were hefty entry fees to play in the various tournaments and guess what? The winners still haven't been paid everything they're due.

Trudeau is only looking to line his own pockets. Steer clear.

Seriously, the dude has seventeen years of documented scams. He's defrauded private citizens. It isn't just the government coming after him. If you want to throw away your money, he's a good bet.
    <clickety to see my books

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think Iím disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Just a note that Trudeau's Alliance Publishing Group, Inc. of Elk Grove Village, IL, is not to be confused with Alliance Publishing Group of Birmingham, AL.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    The easiest money in the world is the money that comes from cashing checks written by would-be authors.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by James D. Macdonald View Post
    The easiest money in the world is the money that comes from cashing checks written by would-be authors.
    no comprende amigo

Around and About SuperModerator Birol's Avatar
    who's had more success in recent memory than Kevin Trudeau?
    Lots of people.

he's practically a household name.
    Not in my household.

Yes. And he can also take your money and do nothing, effectively getting paid to not publish any book. That's what scam artists do.

You do?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Birol View Post

Yes. And he can also take your money and do nothing, effectively getting paid to not publish any book. That's what scam artists do.
    why would i PAY him to publish my book?

Around and About SuperModerator Birol's Avatar
    Because he's a scam artist and that's what scam artists do. They charge you for services and don't deliver. That's why it's a scam. That's why people are advising you to avoid him.

practical experience, FTW Khazarkhum's Avatar
    Is he actually opening a publishing house? That's an infomercial I wanna see!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast