Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Student, the type who manages to not get any help from the government, which means I make money by:

(1 - Playing my flute for private affairs and at city market on warm days
(2 - Working part time as a nursing assistant for an agency
(3 - Mooching.
(4 - Finding money when I clean, YAY!

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
I am a manager at a car dealership. I'd like to write professionally, but even mroe I'd like to develop games, especially board games but also computer games.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've held over 50 jobs since I was 13. Never did the same kind of work twice. I'm now 47 and looking for my next victim, er, boss.

mcnorth

Gigantopithecus canadensis
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a middle grade teacher. I get bored every few years though and probably won't last much longer here. Almost a decade of teaching now - a new record for me!

Since university I've been (in no particular order): an investment/insurance rep, special projects coordinator for an investment company, publicist and marketing coordinator for a small live theatre, suit salesman, humour columnist/entertainment writer, and an editor at a university paper.

Hmmm.... seemed like more to me. It's all been such a blur.

Now I'm going to give this novelist gig a go and maybe open a small co-op private school.

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
My day job, when I had one, was as a conveyancing paralegal. I loved it. I worked for a few years after the kids came along but my eldest wasn't challenged enough by the education system and so I quit my job and went the home school route. It paid off big time for him. Now I am free to write as long as I please or at least until I have to put on my other hat as 'gal friday' for my husband's business.
Linnea

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I'm disabled, and on a fixed income. I have toyed with the idea of getting at least a part-time job, but I'm so non-committal that I'm afraid it wouldn't last long.

The only thing I seem to be committed to, work-wise, is writing. Now if I can just get off my duff and start submitting, I might actually get some income from my hard work. :D

--Sean

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
I'm working toward being a full time teacher, either an upper elementary teacher or middle school science. I really like the work and I get time for writing.

Hey, it took me four books to actually set myself up as a 'serious' writer, with my own writing space and a whiteboard and stuff, yanno, out of the home office. It's my craft space too, but as long as I keep it neat there's plenty of room for the laptop (printer is networked.)

Feels pretty good. Maybe one day I'll get a whole room.

Jenan Mac

The Deadliest Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Trophy wife.
Um...okay, seriously...minimally-employed as a lab rat, political worker, textile artist, and writer. None of them make much money, so thank the Gods for Mr. Mac and his habit of steady employment.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I "work" (very loose definition) as a data analyst for a not-for-profit charity, basically working out how much profit they makes, making and designing reports on how programs are going. They like to justify paying us half the wage of anywhere else by saying we work for a charity. I don't buy it so I do half the work.

Yep, stare in front of Excel and Access all day. It's dead boring. I'm gonna quit and go to uni. Become a lazy arts student, drink lots and write crap. Can't wait.

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
If I lived in a country where disability existed and meant something, I'd be disabled. Since I don't, I'm a stay at home person who works minimal hours as a freelance writer and assistant editor of a magazine when I feel well enough to do so. Happily, the husband supports us financially and has no problem with me earning no income. Although I do earn an income. It's just that he doesn't care about it. You know. And it's not a whole lot. :)

Atlantis

Registered
Reaction score
I work in child care. Its a pity I don't write books for little kids causing being around pre-schoolars all day can be both exhausting and rewarding. Its damn funny to listen to some of the things that came out of their mouths. I have a whole list of qoutes in my head from them that still make me laugh. This is one of my favourites. It was a conversation between two boys at the lunch table:

"My mummy told me that two plus two is four."
"Well your mummy is a lair because my mummy told me that three comes after two!" when the two boys turned to me to ask who was right I had to explain that they were both right which they didn't understand being a pair of four year olds. He he he. God that was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.