• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Wild Rose Press / Wildflowers Books

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
Just a follow-up, TWRP editor had NOT received either of my queries. My lovely editor at the White Rose Press was able to contact her and confirm.

Thanks for all your input.

sumthinirote

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.doralynn.net
Congrats Robin

Yes, they finally have it and requested the full today.:D
That's great news! Quick too -- which is more like the WR. Hope you hear positive news soon.

By the way, if they offer you a contract, the artists are required to have book covers completed within 3 weeks. So you could soon be admiring your novel's cover!

Doralynn

Sleeping With Skeletons
http://www.doralynn.net/skeletons.html
Coming October 2, 2009

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
That's great news! Quick too -- which is more like the WR. Hope you hear positive news soon.

By the way, if they offer you a contract, the artists are required to have book covers completed within 3 weeks. So you could soon be admiring your novel's cover!

Doralynn

Sleeping With Skeletons
Coming October 2, 2009

No kidding! It's so much fun to see a new cover. :)

(but they did say to allow 90 days to hear back)

sumthinirote

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.doralynn.net
90 days

No kidding! It's so much fun to see a new cover. :)

(but they did say to allow 90 days to hear back)

That's what they told me too, but I heard back in less than two weeks. I submitted to the Crimson Rose Line in April, and the novel is scheduled for release on October 2nd. That's fast. It had originally been scheduled for April 30, 2010, but the date was changed to this year. I couldn't be happier with WRP. Now that they have your submission, I hope your experience with them is as positive as mine has been.

Doralynn

Sleeping With Skeletons
Coming October 2, 2009

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
That's what they told me too, but I heard back in less than two weeks. I submitted to the Crimson Rose Line in April, and the novel is scheduled for release on October 2nd. That's fast. It had originally been scheduled for April 30, 2010, but the date was changed to this year. I couldn't be happier with WRP. Now that they have your submission, I hope your experience with them is as positive as mine has been.

Doralynn

Sleeping With Skeletons
Coming October 2, 2009

Congrats and thanks!

Jennifer Robins

paranormal interest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferrobins.com
Just got my author's copies of An Author's Nightmare and the book looks great.

I wondered if other authors have trouble reading their own books. Seems I do for what ever reason. Others that read it, say it's great but I look for anything I could have changed. Dumb, HUh?
It's due out on the 21st of this month but they have it for an early order on their website. www.thewildrosepress.com or you can find the link on my website at: www.jenniferrobins.com

Last edited:

Jennifer Robins

paranormal interest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferrobins.com
It's so strange, you go through rounds of edits, read through the galley three times or more and then........you get the book and find five things you might change on the first page. Go figure.........

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Inspiewriter, I do the same thing. I'm currently working on the second novel of a family series, and I keep going back to the first one for small details, secondary characters, etc. And each time, I wince. And find things that I would like to rewrite...

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
I've had to, worse luck. I've re-sold two of them, and I'm either cringing or saying, "Hmm, not half bad!"

Probably without good reason in either event.

sumthinirote

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.doralynn.net
Resubmitting

Exactly! I just re-submitted 2 previously published novellas. One was much better than I recall, and the other not so much.
I'm curious how that works. When you resubmit something (I assume to the same publisher after the contract has expired) can you make changes?

Lainey Bancroft

Cover Me!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elaineforlife.com
I'm curious how that works. When you resubmit something (I assume to the same publisher after the contract has expired) can you make changes?

Hey, sumthinirote, in my experience most contracts have an auto-renewal clause for a specified period of time, meaning if the author doesn't send notification to the publisher that they don't wish to renew, the book stays where it is and there is no need to 'resubmit' to remain on the publisher site.

If, however, you think your book would fare better with a different publisher and you want rights back, the contract ends at your notification and you are free to tweak/rewrite to your hearts content before you query another publisher (at which time, if 'new publisher' accepts you, you go through edits for their publishing house)

Mileage may vary and all that jazz. Like I said, that's been my experience.

sumthinirote

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.doralynn.net
Thanks Lainey

Hey, sumthinirote, in my experience most contracts have an auto-renewal clause for a specified period of time, meaning if the author doesn't send notification to the publisher that they don't wish to renew, the book stays where it is and there is no need to 'resubmit' to remain on the publisher site.

If, however, you think your book would fare better with a different publisher and you want rights back, the contract ends at your notification and you are free to tweak/rewrite to your hearts content before you query another publisher (at which time, if 'new publisher' accepts you, you go through edits for their publishing house)

Mileage may vary and all that jazz. Like I said, that's been my experience.
Thanks Lainey. That's good to know. I need to check my contract because I don't remember if WRP has an auto-renewal clause or not. I had to make a lot of changes to Sleeping With Skeletons, (including some rearranging and a deleted chapter), and someday I'd like to get it published in its original genre. (It was originally a thriller with strong romantic elements.) But I made changes to it to get it published with WRP's Crimson Rose Line. Thanks for the information. Very good to know. Doralynn

sumthinirote

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.doralynn.net
Thanks Jersey Chick

I've seen books on publisher sites (Like EC, for example) that state a book is a re-release and has undergone some changes.
Thanks Jersey Chick. Now I have another question. What is EC? I should probably know that, but I'm really new to all of this. I'm racking my brain trying to figure it out, but it's been a long, hot day, and my brain refuses to cooperate at this point.