• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Wild Rose Press / Wildflowers Books

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
Is there any info on sales stats for these guys? I'm thinking about subbing to them, and wondering how they compare to Samhain and L.I. in that regard. Thanks!

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
I see they've received the Best Publisher award from P&E for several years now. Sounds like they're great to work with, and they're the only major e-pub I've seen that does audio as well as digital and print. They're currently neck in neck with one other pub for where I submit to next. (I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear that, LOL.)

smlgr8

Eternal Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Is there any info on sales stats for these guys? I'm thinking about subbing to them, and wondering how they compare to Samhain and L.I. in that regard. Thanks!

My experience was their sales were extremely smaller from TWRP. Quite pitifully so, actually. I had two historical M/F romances with them and my sales were dismal. Maybe they have improved since then, though, but that's my honest assessment.

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
Good to know, about P&E, Fil. A lot of people talk like it's the last word on publishers, so I thought the awards must be a big endorsement.

eta: thanks for the info, smlgr8. I appreciate hearing from someone who's worked with them.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I see they've received the Best Publisher award from P&E for several years now. Sounds like they're great to work with, and they're the only major e-pub I've seen that does audio as well as digital and print. They're currently neck in neck with one other pub for where I submit to next. (I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear that, LOL.)

I've had audio books done at Carina and DSP, so Wild Rose certainly isn't the ONLY place that does them. (Of course, you're limited to m/m with DSP, but you could see whether Carina is still doing them).

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know that about Carina and DSP, Captcha. Thanks for the info. Carina is further down on my list to submit to, but the fact that they do audio might move them up a few notches. DSP is only LGBT, isn't it? I write het, so they're not really on my radar. I've heard good things about them, though. If I ever branch out they'll be high on my sub list.

Thanks, everyone, for the input. :)

Brenda Hill

Diva in Training
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brendahill.com
The three writers I know who've been published by WWP, and their various genres, say their sales are pretty dismal.

Taylor_Chuff

Registered
Reaction score
My experience with WRP

I would like to share my experience with Wild Rose Press’s Champagne Rose Line.

Query: 8/21/14

Email from senior editor to submit Manuscript: 8/23/14

Polite email from senior editor that my Manuscript is still being considered: 9/19/14

Email that from senior editor that the manuscript was forwarded to an editor to review (with the editor’s name): 10/27/14

Email from editor that she will be reviewing my manuscript and that since I have been waiting, she is moving me up in the queue: 10/28/14

Email that she will is putting in a Request for Contract: 10/19/14

On 11/14/14 I was sent an email that provided I removed curse words and toned down my sex scenes, it would be approved for contract. The manuscript with the changes to make was attached to the email.

I made the changes noted in the attachment and sent the manuscript back that evening. The editor replied the following day that she was happy I removed my prologue.

On January 14, 2015 I sent an email that I was checking in on the status (in the email chain where I sent the updates). Shortly after, she wrote back that I told her I was working on it and she was waiting on me.

I replied that I sent it in on 11/14, I could resend if she needed me to.

She replied that she guessed she needed it again.

I resent the changes that evening.

On January 16th I received an email with some some personalized feedback (the FMC and MMC did not meet within the first 5 pages, I only used the FMC’s POV, there is too much stress on the FMC’s daughter) and that she would have to pass.

I cut and pasted her emails to me that it was approved provided I removed the swear words and toned down the sex scenes, and replied that I was surprised to receive her email rejecting it.

I received the reply that she guessed she screwed up, and if I made the changes she noted she would go back to the senior editor with it.

I replied that I was no longer interested.

I received the reply that she understood and hoped there was no hard feelings.

Just wanted to share. Good luck to everyone querying.

Last edited:

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Looks like there was a mix-up, and it seems everyone behaved themselves. However, I don't think it's a good idea to post private emails here. You could paraphrase or give an outline of what happened instead.

Taylor_Chuff

Registered
Reaction score
Since I didn't use any names I don't see a problem with using the emails sent, but I did update my post to paraphrase.

kelliewallace

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to them too last year. I received a nice email from the editor saying my synopsis is intriguing and they would like to see the full ms.
I emailed it to them and waited. I got a detailed rejection today. Basically, my ms was very detailed but read like a 'soap opera'. It's a ww2 novel. My rape scene (between husband and wife) wasn't acceptable (fair enough) and they didnt like all the drama. Oh well, moving on.

vamom

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Absolute Write. What a great place. There are so many people sharing their information and experiences. I have wonderful news to share. I've just signed a contract--my first--with Wild Rose Press for my military/medical contemporary romance novel. I'm thrilled (and a bit nervous) about starting the first round of edits.

Diana Green

Worlds of Imagination & Romance
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dianagreenbooks.com
Congratulations! What a wonderful feeling, getting that first contract.

I'm on my third book with the Wild Rose Press, and I'm still very happy with them. I've had some pretty good sales, and my editor is great to deal with.

I wish you the best of luck through the editing, publishing, and promoting process.

tiffany318

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone submitted recently?

I am working on something for one of their submission calls and would also love to hear if anyone has ever submitted specifically for a call?

RDHoward

Registered
Reaction score
Hi tiffany318,

I submitted a few days ago, not for a specific call, but for the champagne rose line. I got an offer of contract from a different publisher earlier in the week, but I'm not comfortable that they're the right fit for the novel's potential, so I'm putting it on hold, and I thought I'd see if The Wild Rose Press wanted it. I was impressed at the kind tone and professionalism of the confirmation email; you don't normally get that level of courtesy and manners in most publishing emails nowadays. Good luck on whatever you're working on for their submission. I know I've been impressed by their politeness and site. They're getting good reviews on Predators and Editors.

All the best,

tiffany318

Registered
Reaction score
Hi tiffany318,

I submitted a few days ago, not for a specific call, but for the champagne rose line. I got an offer of contract from a different publisher earlier in the week, but I'm not comfortable that they're the right fit for the novel's potential, so I'm putting it on hold, and I thought I'd see if The Wild Rose Press wanted it. I was impressed at the kind tone and professionalism of the confirmation email; you don't normally get that level of courtesy and manners in most publishing emails nowadays. Good luck on whatever you're working on for their submission. I know I've been impressed by their politeness and site. They're getting good reviews on Predators and Editors.

All the best,

Good luck on your submission! Keep me updated!

Dream Weaver

Blank pages are my enemy
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone submitted recently?

I am working on something for one of their submission calls and would also love to hear if anyone has ever submitted specifically for a call?

Tiffany, It's been a little over a year since I submitted to TWRP (my second book with them should be releasing in the next few months). My editor was very quick to respond to my query (she asked for the full manuscript within a few days) and then it was about a month after that when I received the offer for contract. Overall, TWRP is very quick and courteous with responses. Best of luck!!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

JohannaC

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to TWRP yesterday. I'm glad to see the positive comments above.